Summer 2008 Transfer Rumours Thread

The person who told me would know about these things. Some people will know who im talking about. But he was adament that there is something in his contract where we have to accept a 10M bid. As someone said, the sad thing is, regardless of the clause, we would accept the 10M anyway i would imagine

There's no doubting Murray would accept that bid. He'd see the pound signs in his eyes and crack a boner.

I have no wish to see Miller at the club, but are we, the fans, really trying to tell Walter what to do and who to sign after what he has achieved in the past 16 months?

Has he not earned the right to be given a little latitude?

I, for one, didn't join in the "you can stick your Kenny Miller..." on Saturday as I see it as a slap in the face to Walter.

I think Im going to be a 1 man team here but I dont care.

I honestly am not against Kenny Miller signing this summer. Im not all for it either, he is far from my first choice - but if we got him at the right price then id take him. If WS is going to continue with the 4-5-1 then Miller is a better option than Boyd and Darcheville. (JCD has played 1 x 90 match for us.) Also WS knows how to get the best out of Miller and he always does well in that role for Scotland.

So if he comes I hope he is judged on what he does on the pitch.

There will be a number of people against signing him just because he played for Celtic and did that badge thing - I dont give a monkeys about that. Im sure if it was reversed and he signed for us after Celtic and scored against them he would have done the same thing.

This wont fill much people with enthusisim but i can see our forward line next season being Miller and Healy. I hope Darch loses some muscle as if he can play 90 mins every week he would be a big player for us.

It is difficult to question WS' judgement when you look at the obvious improvements in the squad he's made. Much of that has been achieved by signing players he's worked with in the past and knows well.

Personally I don't care if we sign Miller If he gives 100% for the club and fits in to the system that WS is going to play, then so be it. That said, if you look at FF and the reaction every time his name is mentioned, its an eye-opener to say the least. But remember that many of these fans are the ones who threatened to burn their season tickets when Dailly was linked, only to be singing his praises after a few games. I guess we're a fickle bunch.

Signing Miller would suggest to me that Cousin is definitely on his way out, so would that be a fair swap?

Like I've said before, I don't think the problem is necessarily up front. The key to getting the most from our strikers, no matter which system we play, is signing some properly creative and attacking midfielders. In the SPL, any of our forwards should be more than capable of scoring 20+ goals a season if we get back to creating a lot of good chances for them.

Europe is another thing altogether, but unless we get serious money and can attract a very good, all-round striker to lead the line, we're going to have another season of playing to our strengths instead of attacking and flair play.

I think Im going to be a 1 man team here but I dont care.

I honestly am not against Kenny Miller signing this summer. Im not all for it either, he is far from my first choice - but if we got him at the right price then id take him. If WS is going to continue with the 4-5-1 then Miller is a better option than Boyd and Darcheville. (JCD has played 1 x 90 match for us.) Also WS knows how to get the best out of Miller and he always does well in that role for Scotland.

So if he comes I hope he is judged on what he does on the pitch.

There will be a number of people against signing him just because he played for Celtic and did that badge thing - I dont give a monkeys about that. Im sure if it was reversed and he signed for us after Celtic and scored against them he would have done the same thing.

This wont fill much people with enthusisim but i can see our forward line next season being Miller and Healy. I hope Darch loses some muscle as if he can play 90 mins every week he would be a big player for us.

I'll join your team Gribzy!

I can see Miller and Boyd being a good partnership. Miller doing the tracking back and the running in the channels, and Boyd prowling the penalty box.

I also agree that he wouldn't necessarily be my first choice either but 'In Walter We Trust' and you just have to look at the signings of Davis (although his form has been patchy), Dailly, Weir, Cuellar etc, to see that he knows how to pick a player or two.

I don't want him to sign and it has nothing to do with badge thumping. It's because he's crap. I know i'm repeating an earlier view here but just had to make that distinction. Not everyone who doesn' want him feels that way because of a previous employer of his.

Strike rate is embarrasing and that's what strikers are paid to do. In Walter's 4-5-1 we'd have the likes of Killie scoring more than us. :sigh:

It's because he's crap.

yup, thats it. he's just pishety pish pish. i dont care about anything else. i see how he could be a good sub to have, but he's surely no better than what we have.

that said, walter knows best.