Frankie, fair point, but it's not always that straightforward, I'm sure.

Of course it isn't.

Being a media spokesman in an amateur sense is hugely difficult. As such, sometimes one needs to take a step back, consult their peers and ensure an agreed approach before commenting.

It's a fine line. Unfortunately I think it's been misjudged a few times lately.

What I don't understand is the part about Dundee Utd. how could they have done anything to help us and why should they be brought in to our fight with the SPL/SFA? Not allowing away fans will hit us in the pocket aswell, bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face really.

Guest ackbar
What I don't understand is the part about Dundee Utd. how could they have done anything to help us and why should they be brought in to our fight with the SPL/SFA? Not allowing away fans will hit us in the pocket aswell, bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face really.

Due to Leveins comments about refs

Guest ackbar
Dundee Utd also strongly sided with Celtic on the league extension issue.

Did they? I didnt know that.

Ps given the Euro Championships and players were going away on international duty would their really have been any time available to extend into that wouldnt have caused relations between club and country to fall apart?

Don't forget that some of the suggested itesm are being suggested by the RST MEMBERS, not the RST itself.

The media will spin any type of comment from the RST, in part due to the very professional manner in which the RST has handled itself recently.

I agree with you Frankie in that much of the good work can be undone by a statement which has unintended consequences.

For the moment though, I will disagree with you about the 10 quid not being value for money - I still believe that it is value for money - the RST has not officially stated what it wants the club to do so I will reserve judgement - and would be very surprised if they suggest the withdrawal of players for internationals (not least because it also leads to club bans if the players are not injured...)

It also seems to me that the latest RST statement has been very badly judged and given the RST ,and Rangers fans by proxy, some very bad press.

I am a member of the RST who does not agree with any measures against the SFA or even the SPL. The SFA have done nothing wrong and the SPL have not broken any of their rules, they just didn't use common sense to bend a couple.

I do think Dundee Utd deserve to be punished as they have unfairly slandered Rangers as cheats due to a couple of unfortunate refereeing decisions. Their comments have totally lacked integrity and can you imagine evey club threatening to go to court over every decision that television shows to be wrong? There would be thousands of court cases every year and Rangers would probably be instigating a fair chunk of them.

They are the cheats for trying to get decisions biased for them and biased against Rangers. I noticed they didn't once mention the Barry Ferguson claim for a penalty/free kick, nor the three incorrect off-side decisions against Rangers, one of which would have had Novo one on one on the keeper.

However, I don't know what something like boycotting Tannadice would achieve.