I want to win all three trophies, and I love Scotland games and am proud when a Rangers player gets a cap.

Absolutely. To be honest, it's a ridiculous statement and if he thinks this is what Rangers fans are wanting, he's sadly mistaken.

It smacks of 'it's ma baw, ah'm goin hame!'

Last season is last season, lets look forward. If he wants to putpressure on anyone, head to SDM's door, tell him we need scouting systems, an increased wage structure and ask him what's happening with the stadium upgrade.

And how, exactly, would Rangers enforce a national team boycott.

'Sorry Kevin Thompson, we're not releasing you for your first cap.'

'But I've always dreamt of playing for Scotland!'

'Tough, we'reboycotting the national team.'

'Fine, there's my written transfer request and a letter from my lawyer regarding you stiflig my career.'

Fanny!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Eh, what??? No wonder you resigned Frankie. What a fucking embarassment. Boycott Scotland games? We take pride in being the team that supports Scotland!!!! At the time I was bang up for boycotting certain away games, particularly dundee utd, but come on let's move on. It's a shame the RST has fallen from grace like this. Yes we were done over last season but the only way we can get it up the rest of the SPL is by beating the lot of them soundly on the park. A real scouting network, proper youth development and some serious investment in a very small number of quality first team players is what's required. Tha's what the trust should be banging the drum for. As a passionate fan who invests both emotionally and financially in my team, I'm feeling extremely misrepresented here.:brick:

Are you a member?

I'm not, and at this moment in time bloody glad I'm not. How many members are there and, excuse my ognorance, but how does it work? Does Edgar get an idea and mouth off or are the members invited to discuss opinions like this before they are made public?

I'm not, and at this moment in time bloody glad I'm not. How many members are there and, excuse my ognorance, but how does it work? Does Edgar get an idea and mouth off or are the members invited to discuss opinions like this before they are made public?

A simplified explanation is that the Board are elected by the members to represent them. It's obviously not practical to consult the membership in the thousands on every matter, but the members have the chance to express their dissatisfaction or otherwise of policies and/or Board members either at the AGM or by correspondence.

The statement quoted above by Keevins is inaccurate (quelle surprise). My understanding from reading the reports in the Sunday papers is that the matter has not even been discussed at an RST board meeting so they seem some way away from "being ready to make a formal request."

IF this statement fromt he RST is accurate then it is easily the worst statement I have seen them make.

I have lauded the RST on many, many occasions but this one would be, quite simply, a HUGE mistake.

However it shouldnt be forgotten, more often than not, the RST has been the BEST "club representative" do make any media statements for the last couple of years.

They may have undone some of their fantastic work with this statement IF it is accurate - but lets not forget the many good things they have done on behalf of the fans.

What David Edgar actually said:

"The Rangers Supporters Trust received a huge number of complaints from members at the treatment of the club by the SPL and the SFA as the club were fighting on four fronts last season. Fans are looking for the club to express its dissapointment at this treatment.

Suggestions from members already include withdrawing players from international duty, questioning participation in Cup competitions if still involved in Europe and refusing away ticket allocations from certain clubs, Dundee Utd in particular.

The RST would like to stress that no decision has been made, but we will consider all suggestions at our board meeting and deliver our recommendation to the club. At this juncture, it would be wrong to rule out any course of action at this stage."

==========

For what it's worth, I doubt that the RST board would vote for proposing that Gers players don't play for Scotland.

My own opinion is that Rangers comes first, and there should be occasions when our players withdraw from internationals, but that already happens to an extent.

BD:

You know, I know and DE knows that the media will manipulate any comments to ensure as polemic an article as they can get.

While I respect DE's right to comment on RST matters and appreciate this has to be done in terms of increasing the Trust's profile, I think he would have been better advised to refrain from discussing member input until it had been debated by the Trust board.

At that point, then he could have came out, raised the fact some fans wanted strong action but that the Trust preferred a less aggressive approach.

That would have painted the RST in a better light instead of giving the media the chance to spin the comments in a negative fashion.

DE hasn't made many mistakes as media spokesman for the Trust. Generally he's done a fine job - as has Stephen Smith.

However, the last couple of statements have, in my opinion, negated much of that good work by being overly dramatic in tone and premature in their conclusions.

Add in their tardiness to discuss the recent resignations (4 and counting), then we appear to have an organisation that is struggling badly in terms of it's focus and direction.

It costs �£10 a season to join the Trust. That has been money well spent for 5 years. I'm not so sure it is now unfortunately.