Guest TheWorthyEd

Picture two scenarios.

News Flash #1:

Three members of Gordon Brown's Labour cabinet resigned today.

No reasons were given for these sudden resignations.

The PM said, "Everything is OK, so no need to panic."

News Flash #2:

Three members of the RST resigned recently.

An RST spokesman said, "Everything is OK, no need to panic."

I think item #1 would be subject to much public debate and scrutiny until the truth unfolded.

Item #2 deserves the same debate.

Picture two scenarios.

News Flash #1:

Three members of Gordon Brown's Labour cabinet resigned today.

The PM said, "Everything is OK, so no need to panic."

News Flash #2:

Three members of the RST resigned recently.

An RST spokesman said, "Everything is OK, no need to panic."

I think item #1 would be subject to much public debate and scrutiny until the truth unfolded.

Item #2 deserves the same debate.

The RST should be subject to the same scutiny as the Government? :D

One is running the country with tens/hundreds of thousands of staff.

One is run by volunteers in their spare time who have full time jobs and who have spent much of the last couple of weeks following their team in their spare time.

Despite all the conspiracies theories about the Clyde and cement boots, I WAS actually on holiday for a few days after being in Manchester... biggrin.gif

Unfortunately I took the decision to resign because of a few issues which I can't go into here as I'm sure you'll understand.

I'm sure the RST will manage fine without me and will replace the other resigned board members with suitable people as soon as possible. Hopefully they'll continue to serve us as well as they have done so for the last 5 years.

I a bit concerned too mate. The mystery around this is only going to heighten that.

Understand your right to keep it private though and hope everything is ok, both personally and within the RST. Hopefully they will function just as well without yourself and the other members. :rfc:

If there is nothing untoward then a reason should be given as an amicable resignation cannot be that personal. The implication is that something is rotten in the state of RST and without knowing what it is, how can members make an informed decision about it.

I'm very worried about this as it is making fans' trusts look basically a bit dodgy. It's an organisation that is collecting fans' money and has a long term goal of running the club. If it can't show some transparency when there are mass resignations then "trust" is the first thing that will disappear from members and fans.

Murry is constantly accused of "smoke and mirrors", so it's a shame that the RST is no more up front in it's dealings with fans.

Without an explanation, the trust cannot be trusted. I for one will not be renewing my membership and I'm having a huge sigh of relief that I never got round to investing money in the share scheme.

If there was a mass resignation at a bank that held my savings and no explanation, I'd be moving my money pronto.

People can keep things as private and personal as they like but it only damages the integrity of the RST.

cal:

I'm sure you understand I cannot make my reasons clear for the moment. However, I will be doing so in terms of the RST rules and how the organisation works in the near future.

If there is nothing untoward then a reason should be given as an amicable resignation cannot be that personal. The implication is that something is rotten in the state of RST and without knowing what it is, how can members make an informed decision about it.

I'm very worried about this as it is making fans' trusts look basically a bit dodgy. It's an organisation that is collecting fans' money and has a long term goal of running the club. If it can't show some transparency when there are mass resignations then "trust" is the first thing that will disappear from members and fans.

Murry is constantly accused of "smoke and mirrors", so it's a shame that the RST is no more up front in it's dealings with fans.

Without an explanation, the trust cannot be trusted. I for one will not be renewing my membership and I'm having a huge sigh of relief that I never got round to investing money in the share scheme.

If there was a mass resignation at a bank that held my savings and no explanation, I'd be moving my money pronto.

People can keep things as private and personal as they like but it only damages the integrity of the RST.

The Trust and/or the people who resigned may or may not have their reasons for non-disclosure, but it does not mean that there is any financial impropiety as you are trying to imply.

The Trust Board members are hard-working guys and gals and for you to try and suggest that there may have been dishonesty or fraud is a serious accusation and is totally out of order.

The Trust and/or the people who resigned may or may not have their reasons for non-disclosure, but it does not mean that there is any financial impropiety as you are trying to imply.

The Trust Board members are hard-working guys and gals and for you to try and suggest that there may have been dishonesty or fraud is a serious accusation and is totally out of order.

I just think members are feeling uneasy that the top 3 board members have all resigned and not many members, if any, know why. I know the RST don't have to say anything but I think the members would like to hear something from them IMO.