I just think members are feeling uneasy that the top 3 board members have all resigned and not many members, if any, know why. I know the RST don't have to say anything but I think the members would like to hear something from them IMO.

Fair enough. I'm sure that it hasn't been easy for the Board to get together to decide on a way forward given the commitments as I explained earlier on this thread. The resignations may have come as a shock to the rest of the Board as it did too everyone else. To expect the rest of the 16 remaining members to drop everything and find a mutually agreeable date may have been difficult.

The issuing of a statement would not have been too easy either given that Frankie was on holiday and the passing over to a new web-master would have been impossible.

However, in my opinion, there is a big jump between that and suggesting fraud.

Fair enough. I'm sure that it hasn't been easy for the Board to get together to decide on a way forward given the commitments as I explained earlier on this thread. The resignations may have come as a shock to the rest of the Board as it did too everyone else. To expect the rest of the 16 remaining members to drop everything and find a mutually agreeable date may have been difficult.

The issuing of a statement would not have been too easy either given that Frankie was on holiday and the passing over to a new web-master would have been impossible.

However, in my opinion, there is a big jump between that and suggesting fraud.

I totally agree m8 it's been a hectic time i'm sure, but the silence from the RST makes things worse IMO, even if they came out and said there will be something said on this in the near future that could maybe have helped but again that's just my opinion. Sure things will get sorted out soon.

I totally agree m8 it's been a hectic time i'm sure, but the silence from the RST makes things worse IMO, even if they came out and said there will be something said on this in the near future that could maybe have helped but again that's just my opinion. Sure things will get sorted out soon.

I agree, but these things are not always as straightforward as you would imagine.

I wasn't meaning to suggest any fraud or financial irregularities. I was just very uncomfortable that a lack of information creates a sense that the reasons for resignation are not routine and hints at some kind of antagonism in the board.

My opinion is that as the RST are now in charge of people's money - and want to have a say at the club, they definitely need to be transparent in these kind of events so that people can judge the situation for themselves. Otherwise we can only speculate and we tend to do that negatively - to me it conjures up images of infighting.

If it's people that have worked hard and no longer have the time - then hey, just tell us straight.

I just don't like secrecy involved about boardroom maneuvers when money is involved. It doesn't mean there is any fraud at all, but when people hide stuff, it doesn't make you feel very trusting of them either. You wonder at what might be hidden.

Anyway, Frankie has said he will announce something soon and that is good enough for me. I was acting on the premise that there wouldn't be an announcement at all.

I realise that those in the trust have worked really hard but they are in a position of responsibility which brings a certain gravity to how you act.

I don't believe in "no smoke without fire" but I do believe that if there is smoke you, need make sure there is no fire.

Like I said, Frankie will make an announcement and that changes everything.

firstly, there is no obligation on frankies part to say anything. he has resigned, and with it end his responsibilities. he owes nothing to members other than his service, wihch he has given happily for ages, and has put more work in than most will. there is no ethical demand on him to give an account of himself at all. he may do it, but it wont be out of obligation, i dont imagine.

obviously, for the rst it is somewhat different. but before everyone starts talking about fraud and coverups and whatnot, lets take into account that they arent hiding the resignations - each member was publically marked as resigned, and thanked for their service. so, its only really the reasons that remain hidden.

they will have to come out eventually, so its best they are done within a respectable timetable. its not like the rst have said "we dont have to make a comment, na na na na na" - in truth, if the resignations have been over a contentious matter it is only the dignified thing to do to wait till its all cooled before making a comment.

we live in a world of instant information, but instant information is often rushed and shit information. lets just trust all the parties to act responsibly as they have.

as far as im concerned, i trust the rst precisely because they employ/are run by people like frankie. if something has made him leave (that isnt just merely circumstantial) then i would tend immediately to side with him. but like everyone, we cant know until it is all out. so lets just wait and see: if months go by and nothing is said then you dont need to pay next years subscription. the rst stands and falls on its integrity and its common support, so its one organisation with which you can vote with your feet, so its all good.

Fortunately, the R.S.T. have their own website [as well as other means] where members can air their questions or grievances.

All you have to do is ask.

An open Forum like this is not the place.

Best wishes for the future anyhow Frankie and I'm sure there are many, many Bears out there who will wish you the same.

:rfc:

Guest damien
An open Forum like this is not the place.

:rfc:

Then it's not an open forum is it.

The RST website is now defunct with Frankie not running it, FF is locking threads and banning people asking questions about it, so where else can it be discussed.

Oh hello btw ;)

Then it's not an open forum is it.

The RST website is now defunct with Frankie not running it, FF is locking threads and banning people asking questions about it, so where else can it be discussed.

Oh hello btw ;)

Don't know what you're getting at. My point is, an open Forum such as this one [and FF] is infested with Timposters and Press. Why give them free ammunition to have a go at us ?

The RST have a Forum for members. It will be up and running again shortly.

FF have a thread over 3 pages long running right now ..........and I haven't heard of anyone being banned for asking a question on that thread.