Rangers Summer Transfers - your say!

Guest bhangraman1986

Guest bhangraman1986

Plasil - he played well vs scotland on fri? is he good enough for the gers?

On another note....libor sionko scoring two goals against us...why couldnt he do that for Rangers? I am sure that if Alan Mcgregor (injured or not) was in goals yesterday, he would have done a better job.

Jefferson Farfan who is playing for PSV... i heard rangers are looking at him...any views?

Lovenkrands - if we get him on the cheap and he still has that pace...then why not.. he was fantastic for us and played for the shirt...

Shittu - i dont know if he is gonna cut it at rangers... if he was so good at defending... watford would hve been in a shout for play offs in the championship.. would he cut in in europe?

What I am surpirised about is that rangers havent made any interest clear on DECENT players... lafferty is no way worth 4mill plus and he is playing for Burnely...whats he gonna do againt the big dogs in europe.. Miller has crossed the divide of the old firm... does he deserve to play for the shirt and would he cut it in europe? He has had difficulty vs premier league teams and also czech rep on fri...

We have a proven goal scorer in boyd but if WS wants to get in another striker he should be looking at someone from the EU or another continent for some proven goal machine..

as we all know...there is a 30 mill profit from this season.. its not all gonna go into the transfer kitty but the board should recognise that Rangers need some quality players and if they make those buys, they have a better chance of winnng the Title and competing vs the big dawgs in europe...

If people are drawing blanks on who to buy at reasonable prices...maybe think about loan deals for young players...use a quota of maximum 3/4 players... what position they would slot into...who they play for atm.. will they play for the shirt?

You make a good point about Gers not being linked with decent players...Reading this morning that we are keen on Greening from W. Brom and Mifsud from Coventry - neither will take us to the next level. And Greening is a left winger; we already have Beasley who did not too bad I thought v England, despite being not fully match fit. If we don't show some ambition then any profits we made from this season will have been just frittered away.

Plasil - he played well vs scotland on fri? is he good enough for the gers?

On another note....libor sionko scoring two goals against us...why couldnt he do that for Rangers? I am sure that if Alan Mcgregor (injured or not) was in goals yesterday, he would have done a better job - Impossible to judge that. An injured Allan McGregor is better than Craig Gordon? Complete rubbish

Lovenkrands - if we get him on the cheap and he still has that pace...then why not.. he was fantastic for us and played for the shirt...

LOL!!!! Nearly fell off my chair then. Played for the shirt!!! ha!

Thanks for that. Nice to get a laugh on a Monday morning

You make a good point about Gers not being linked with decent players...Reading this morning that we are keen on Greening from W. Brom and Mifsud from Coventry - neither will take us to the next level. And Greening is a left winger; we already have Beasley who did not too bad I thought v England, despite being not fully match fit. If we don't show some ambition then any profits we made from this season will have been just frittered away.

Don't think he is. played in central midfield every time I've seen him

Guest bhangraman1986

well in the celtic game in april 16th...mc gregor put in some good saves even though he was hobbling..

with respect to lovenkrands...whenever i saw him play... he always played well.. he showed committment and scored vita goals..

who would u buy then wingers wise cos atm we only got beasley...

well in the celtic game in april 16th...mc gregor put in some good saves even though he was hobbling..

with respect to lovenkrands...whenever i saw him play... he always played well.. he showed committment and scored vita goals..

who would u buy then wingers wise cos atm we only got beasley...

Agreed about McGregor, his injury cost us the first OF game at Parkhead IMO. I said (and think a few others did) that the way he was playing he would have probably got to the 2nd celtic goal.

Also agree about Lovenkrands to an extent - Im a fan of his. He did play for the shirt but also went quiet sometimes but that wasnt due to not loving the shirt, it was more his style of play. He is a pretty player who likes attacking.

The problem with some fans is if EVERY rangers player isnt 110% committed to every tackle and get stuck in with slidding tackles then they dont think they are committed enough to Rangers. But this is a problem with the Scottish game IMO - you can have all the desrie in the world but if you arent good enough techinically then you wont win much. The team needs a balance of tough players plus the Lovenkrands and Buffels who are technically talented.

You 2 are fucking mental!!!!!!

Commitment? Playing well to get a new contract then pissing off to Schalke isn't exactly committed

McGregor did well when he was injured against Celtic but to say a half fit McGregor is better than Gordon is bonkers.

Winger wise I'd like to see us go for McSheffrey from Birmingham and Aaron Lennon. I think Lennon would probably be a step too far but he is a quality player

You 2 are fucking mental!!!!!!

Commitment? Playing well to get a new contract then pissing off to Schalke isn't exactly committed

McGregor did well when he was injured against Celtic but to say a half fit McGregor is better than Gordon is bonkers.

Winger wise I'd like to see us go for McSheffrey from Birmingham and Aaron Lennon. I think Lennon would probably be a step too far but he is a quality player

I can understand you calling us mental if we were saying Lovenkrands would make a great centre half or he should replace WS as manager but just because we rate him as player doesnt make us mental. As i said in my last post a player doesnt have to do sliding tackles then punt a ball up the park to show commitment. When I used to play footbal I didnt like going into solid 50/50s myself at times but I was still offensively committed when I got the ball.

And I didnt say a injured McGregor is better than Gordon, I just agreed that we missed him once he was injured.

As for your wingers, not sure about McSheffrey, id rather McFadden. But Aaron Lennon would be awesome but id say way out of our reach. A club like Middlesboro or Blackburn could easy come in with a 35k-45k a week offer which we couldnt match.

Lovenkrands playing for the shirt? I can't even see it a little bit. Lovenkrands was pretty poor for us for a long time while showing flashes of potential.

To me he was poor because he lacked commitment and professionalism. He never looked motivated and was often a waste of a shirt.

As I recall he was signed as a winger as that's where he normally played in Denmark but he somehow complained that he wasn't being played a striker - a position I really can't see him in.

As a winger he struggled to beat a man or get a decent cross in. He also was poor at tracking back and tacking or winning the ball.

In his last season at the club he seemed to improve in back to the walls games, playing in the centre in a counter-attacking formation, using his pace rather than skill to get onto a ball punted forward.

His finishing was a bit like Novo's - very erratic and like the Spaniard his best goals had an element of luck about them or just came of his foot just right that one time.

The annoying thing about him is that we put up with his inconsistency for years, and when he did start to play a bit - well enough to be offered a new contract after almost being discarded the season before, he buggered off on a free.

I'm sorry but if that's playing for the shirt then I'm in a surreal, alternative topsy turvy world.

Anyway, if he's so good, why are Shalke desperate to get rid of him?