Rangers Summer Transfers - your say!

Guest bhangraman1986

Having just made close on �£30m from Europe and selling our best player, signing Miller, if we indeed have, shows a crushing lack of ambition. We don't have a scouting network, never have had. We only got Cuellar cos we played against him FFS. Look at PSV for example. They spend fuck all but they play free flowing attractive football, win their domestic league every year and do well in europe. There are literally hundreds of players mid table in Germany, France and Spain that would seriously improve our team and would be willing to come. If Steven Davis is all our "super scout" Ewan Chester can come up with then I don't hold out much hope.

You're Cuellar bit is off.

He was scouted because we sent Ewan Chester over to watch Osasuna before the tie.

He reported Cuellar was great in the air, very good on the deck, excellent in the tackle and can play a bit. He noted he found it strange that he didn't always get a game and was surprised a bigger club hadn't signed him by then.

He was spot on!

I think my point remains valid that we wouldn't have been aware of him if we didn't play Osasuna. Do you disagree that we lack a proper scouting network? Can you name a player that we have genuinely unearthed in the last 5 years?

Guest bhangraman1986

cotter:-

what countries or leagues should our scouts be looking for promising talent?

do u have anyone in mind that u think would be a good acquisition for rangers?

Unfortunately, the one problem Scottish and indeed British clubs have is the problem of work permits. Using your example of PSV, they can go and sign anyone from anywhere as they don't have to worry about work permit. Going back a few years now, when they signed Ronaldo, Rangers could never have signed him even if they wanted to due to him at that time not meeting permit criteria.

Don't think it's a matter of us not identifying the players, more that most of the major European clubs will also have identified them and then it's matter of trying to entice them to Scotland and the SPL.

Guest bhangraman1986

Dont worry man.... im jus joking...

Im from glasgow but in dundee atm doing uni... I have been a lifelong rangers supporter ever since i was born... my mum said that when I came out i was singing follow follow...

McGregor is off to Spurs - deal has appartently been done - off field troubles more than anything driving the deal

Weir - we can't expect another season out of him - get rid, or keep as a coach.

Davis - Like Calscot, have been massively underwhelmed by Davis - brilliant start to his career, faded badly and not worth the reported �£3M

Dailly - Jack of all trades, master of none - all right as a stop gap, nothing more nothing less.

Hendami - was always the great European player - not this season - contributed zero to our season.

Cousin - I still think he is the most talented forward at the club but doesn't appear interested.

Webster - or should it be the invisable man - where is he? who owns him? is he fit? will he ever be fit?

Faye - don't know why he was ever signed

Gow - must have done something major to p1ss off WS and the backroom staff as he's as close to getting in the first team as I am

As for new players, we need a back-up keeper, a right and left back, a centre half, 2 or 3 creative midfield players and 3 strikers.

Rumours that I've heard - we are still keen to sign McCartney from West Ham. Kenny Miller will be a Rangers player next season, Lovenkrands to return and Driver from Hertz.

Someone mentioned Jones from Hibs - that is not a bad shout especially for the SPL - could be the white Marvin Andrews! Also we are keeping tabs on young Stevenson from Hibs.

We need major reconstruction in the summer.

Cammy F