Stay or leave?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Stay or leave?

• Stay
    • Leave

Guest TheWorthyEd

Boyd has shown no sign of improvement to his game since the day he signed and to be honest, I could run faster than Boyd and I'm well into my 5th decade on this blue planet.

I can understand those who cry "but he scores goals for fun" and that is a great asset, but today's top footballers need more than that in their lockers - it's a team game and for me Boyd never puts in enough of a shift to merit the praise he gets.

Finally, how many of Boyd's goals this season came from penalty kicks, free kicks and crucially, against the 'bigger' teams?

No, it's a 'go' from me.

Boyd has shown no sign of improvement to his game since the day he signed and to be honest, I could run faster than Boyd and I'm well into my 5th decade on this blue planet.

I can understand those who cry "but he scores goals for fun" and that is a great asset, but today's top footballers need more than that in their lockers - it's a team game and for me Boyd never puts in enough of a shift to merit the praise he gets.

Finally, how many of Boyd's goals this season came from penalty kicks, free kicks and crucially, against the 'bigger' teams?

No, it's a 'go' from me.

Like you, I'm in my fifth decade, so you'll probably recall a player called Ted McDougall? Played for Bournemouth and like Boyd scored for fun. But when he moved up to Man. Utd. he was found wanting. Similar scenario with Boyd. Only way it can work for him is if we play 4-4-2 with the right partner and that might -MIGHT - just be Kenny Miller. I don't want Miller more than anyone else does, but I can't see any other point in having him at Ibrox.

Ah, a return to the lazy argument for those who just aren't willing to give him a chance. Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes truth. There have been some clear improvements in his game despite not getting a run in the side. His link up play for Beasley who proceeded to miss an absolute sitter on 20-25 mins was exceptional.

Actually give him regular games and it will assist his improvement.

I don't understand peopel who dismiss the most important aspect of teh game because he doesn't run around like Kenny Misser. Boyd does his work in the most important place. Goals win games. Some people need to get this idea into their heads.

And what praise are you on about. A player with Boyd's ability should be getting more praise. Seriously undervalued.

No, it's a 'go' from me.

How many games does he get against the "bigger" teams. Against Dundee Utd in the CIS cup final he saved our skins twice before winning the penalty shoot out. I'd argue that's was in a big game against a big side. No free kicks or pens (in normal and added time).

Those who want rid frankly do not understand the most basic concept of the game. Some fans stupidity is frankly frightening.

Boyd is a tricky one. Nobody (even his critics like me sometimes) can deny he can score goals even though his fluffs a lot aswell but thats beside the points.

Its his other side to the game which is why he hasnt played IMO. He is nothing other than a poacher and the current side needs more from him when he has been picked and he hasnt been able to do that.

When we play Boyd we HAVE to have other players in the team who are going to go deep to the position where he would be and we need players who are going to create his chances - that will then allow Boyd sit just poach then bag all the goals.

Until we get the right players to allow Boyd to just poach in the team then he is a non starter IMO unless its against the average run of the mill SPL sides where we dont have to be at our best every week.

My preferrence would be to sign players to allow us to do this but getting a player in the mould of Gascoigne and Hateley which is what we need would be impossible in the day and age.

I've never understood this argument and this season has surely been the perfect counter to it. This year we've made heavy weather of beating many teams in the SPL and dropped numerous points to the so-called "smaller" teams in the league.

None of our forwards are the sort of complete, all-round forward who is best to play in a lone striker role. But then its not surprising as that sort of player is very expensive! So I thought we'd play with two strikers who can compliment each other, but that's not really been the case either.

I'd have thought that given how many goals he scores, we shouldn't be looking to get rid of him. And its bizarre to criticise him for scoring free kicks, as no-one else seems able to do it! And someone has to take the penalties.

He's also saved our skin in the two domestic finals this season and is a bluenose yet can do no right in the eyes of some fans.