Stay or leave?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Stay or leave?

• Stay
    • Leave

There's a few comments from WS this morning faintly praising Boyd and alluding to the fact that he could play a big part for us next year depending on who we sign. Also an interesting stat, that Boyd started 25 of our 68 games this season and scored 25 goals.

There's a few comments from WS this morning faintly praising Boyd and alluding to the fact that he could play a big part for us next year depending on who we sign. Also an interesting stat, that Boyd started 25 of our 68 games this season and scored 25 goals.

what a return from a bit part player ..........

Smith Says Boyd Has Future

WALTER SMITH has insisted that Kris Boyd can still be influential player at Rangers despite concerns from the Hampden hero that he might have to move on this summer.

Boyd was the Cup King for the second time this season as his goals secured a 32nd Scottish Cup for Rangers having virtually single-handedly won the CIS Cup in March.

However, he was uKris Boyd celebratessed sparingly throughout the 68-game campaign prompting thoughts that he might have to leave his boyhood heroes.

Smith said: "He's helped us win two cups this season with four goals in the two games.

"He is one of those players who is always liable to get you a goal.

"I'm quite happy to have him and there is no problem in that respect from my point of view.

"We have played him in a lot of games and he has finished up our top goalscorer.

"I don't see it as a great problem but I know, from his point of view, he wants to play more often than he has this season.

"And maybe next season he will play more often.

"The stronger you get as a team, the more productive Kris Boyd will be.

"When you start out as we did with a brand new team you are never quite sure about its overall strength and he is not the ideal striker if you are only going to play with just one.

"He needs a partner to play with and needs the team to be strong round about him to get the best from him and that's not always an easy combination."

I Want To Lead Title Charge

by Lindsay Herron

HAMPDEN hero Kris Boyd has insisted that he wants to remain with Rangers next season and lead the charge for the SPL title.

The 24-year-old striker hinted after Saturday's dramatic 3-2 win over Queen of the South in the Scottish Cup Final that he may have to move on for the sake of his career.

However, there is only one place that Boyd wants to be and that's Rangers.

Beasley and Boyd celebrateAlthough he only started 24 of Rangers' 68 games this season Boyd has been the difference between success and failure.

He almost single-handedly won the CIS Cup in March by scoring both goals in the 2-2 draw with Dundee United and then the winning penalty in the shootout.

And last Saturday he was the man that mattered again with two terrific goals in the Scottish Cup Final, the second of which guaranteed the silver.

He said: "I'm a Rangers man and I do want to fight on. It's one of these things. I have given my best and I will continue to do that.

"We will go from here and hopefully I am still here next season.

"I'm happy with 25 goals for Rangers this season but of course I would have liked to have played more and I would have liked to have scored more.

"We are obviously delighted to win the two domestic cups. We set out to win the league and we didn't get there but we will be back chasing for that next season."

Boyd, who has had to wtihdraw from Scotland's squad for Friday's friendly with the Czech Republic in Prague, is pragmatic enough to say that the astonishing run in Europe this season had a detrimental effect on the championship challenge.

Rangers dropped two points to Dundee United after facing Sporting Lisbon at Ibrox. They lost at Parkhead after the Ibrox draw with Fiorentina and were then held at Easter Road following the penalty Kris Boyd celebratesshoot-out win over the Italians.

Four more points from these games would have given them the title, the way things worked out.

However, to reach a major European final is something very special and Boyd cherishes his involvement, getting the last few moments in the City of Manchester Stadium.

He said: "The UEFA Cup was a one-off. We had an amazing run to get to the final.

"It was obviously disappointing to lose it but to get there was a terrific achievement.

"It's probably cost us the league, when you look at it. But you are unlikely to have the chance of a UEFA Cup medal again.

"It's life. You have to get on with it and I'm sure we will be back next year fighting for the league."

Once Boyd learns how to control a ball he'll be a great player.

I think you can level that criticism at a number of our players mate.

Our overall technical ability as a squad has been pretty poor IMO. We found it nigh impossible sometimes to perform the most basic football skills.

Some of our passing and ball control this season has been almost laughable.

I know what you mean about Boydy, for i myself have moaned about his lack of footballing skills, but i think plenty of other players should be looking to improve in that area also.

PS. I'd keep him.

Quote from BBC i

"I'm a Rangers man and I want to fight on. I have given my best and I will continue to do that," he said.

And after Saturday's victory, Boyd is feeling encouraged about the side's future.

"We will go from here and hopefully I am still here next season.

"I'm happy with 25 goals for Rangers this season but of course I would have liked to have played more and I would have liked to have scored more. "We are obviously delighted to win the two domestic cups. We set out to win the league and we didn't get there but we will be back chasing for that next season." But Boyd, who has fallen out of favour as manager Walter Smith adopted a single-striker strategy for much of this season, was delighted to end his season on a high.

Guest kmm66d

Keep him. No question.

Top scorer with Killie and Rangers the season we signed him.

Top scorer this season with 25 in 25.

Bought for 400k, No brainer