Cuellar Recognition

i said as much in an earlier post mate. we need to keep cuellar and it will be a travesty if we sell him. It will show the clubs real intentions if we do sell.

Next two players who will attract interest will be young fleck and stevie smith who before he was injured was a far better player than hutton. Watch the vultures circle in the comming term.

Talking about young Fleck, The Herald - not for the first time - this morning is claiming he is a cert for the first team next season. Be interesting to see what the line up will be if that's the case; he seems to be left-sided and not an out-an-out striker. Could he be the back-up to Darch from midfield that Fergie failed to be?

The thing we've got to remember that in today's financial climate we are a selling club and every player has his price. However, we've been cash strapped for a while and we could build a better team if we had proper money to spend.

It doesn't always go but look what Arsenal did when they sold Anelka for about 22M and brought in Suker and Henry for about half that.

I hope we don't sell Cuellar but if we get offered, say 20M, can we afford to turn it down?

The thing we've got to remember that in today's financial climate we are a selling club and every player has his price. However, we've been cash strapped for a while and we could build a better team if we had proper money to spend.

It doesn't always go but look what Arsenal did when they sold Anelka for about 22M and brought in Suker and Henry for about half that.

I hope we don't sell Cuellar but if we get offered, say 20M, can we afford to turn it down?

�£20 million - there's no way we could turn that down. Een when we weren't a selling club, players still left when good offers came in - Van Bronkhorst for example. This is when our 'scouting network' should start earning it's corn.

Not much chance of getting 20 mill. I would think 12-14mill will be tops. To be honest i don't think we will get much more than we got for Hutton as he also offered an attacking force. 20mill is a daydream bite the hand off stuff.

Not much chance of getting 20 mill. I would think 12-14mill will be tops. To be honest i don't think we will get much more than we got for Hutton as he also offered an attacking force. 20mill is a daydream bite the hand off stuff.

There were times this season when Cuellar was our only attacking force, when he picked the ball up and decided to take the ball on a run forward :fish:

I think Cuellar is worth more to us than 10M. The 20M was to show we'd sell him if there was a silly money offer.

The question is, how much is SDM's idea of silly money?

For me I wouldn't consider anything less than about 14M. He's probably already earned us about 10M in one season with the UEFA run.

I think Cuellar is worth more to us than 10M.

i think this is the heart of the matter. you sell your best players too cheaply and it completely undermines those that are here, and your sense of ambition in getting new players. we dont *need* 10 million quid; we do need a centre-half of his quality.

i think this is the heart of the matter. you sell your best players too cheaply and it completely undermines those that are here, and your sense of ambition in getting new players. we dont *need* 10 million quid; we do need a centre-half of his quality.

Agree fully. Unfortunately SDM is slowly going to get his 50 mill back i fear.

CC has a 10 million buy out clause in his contract. But even if he didnt if someone were to offer us 10 million, SDM would take it. No club is going to pay 14 million when they know SDM will accept an offer a lot less than that.

Say an offer of 10 million came in, i'd like to see us play hard-ball and get the price up but lets be honest, SDM is probably already touting him around with a 10M price tag