Euro 08 Official Thread

Will make it for me if France, Italy and Germany all went out !!!

Why out of interest?

I assume France/Italy because of our qualifying. Why the Germans. I know everyone typically hates them but that's more an English thing.

If it helps I believe Holland will beat France leaving them in deep trouble, but likely the winners of France v Italy will join them.

Italy and France for the reasons you mentioned. I also dislike the Italian style of play...possibly going back to some of the teams that have put us out in Europe because of the way they play.

The Germans are the same to an extent, but I've never really liked them, apart from the captain years ago, lothar matheius (sp) I think. I hate the way they play, hate the fact Reyna came out and said part of there training was to try and con free kicks. Above all else, I hate them cos of Khans challenge on Mols.....

Pety maybe, but I really dont care, same reason I dont like the Turks.

Downer is that Germany will still probably qualify :(

Germany will quality due to Austrias last minute penalty. That puts it in there hands or Poland would have been favourites to go thru with Croatia.

Id rather see the Germans thru than Poland.

Gribz, maybe it is me but how would you make out Poland would be favourites to go through with Croatia if they had won ? Them and Germany would both have had 3 points but Germany would have had the easier game against Austria, plus they already beat Poland. Am I missing something ?

I had Czech Republic, Croatia, Holland to qualify and Spain to win their group - so obviously I am hoping Czech Republic can get a result against Turkey and that Holland win against Romania. Spain must be looking good in their group as I think Russia were their biggest opponents.

Gribz, maybe it is me but how would you make out Poland would be favourites to go through with Croatia if they had won ? Them and Germany would both have had 3 points but Germany would have had the easier game against Austria, plus they already beat Poland. Am I missing something ?

Shite yeah, I was thinking Poland would be on 4 points.

Shite yeah, I was thinking Poland would be on 4 points.

Too funny - I just thought I was missing some kind of UEFA rule.

Jon, sorry, but I want Germany to get through - I have 40 quid on them to win it - but am hoping their odds drop so I can then bet against them and profit on the margin - the result today didnt help with that strategy though

No proble, Craig/ I just hate the Germans. Doesnt help that one of my bosses is one and the fuckin stammer and incorrect use of English lanuage does my head in.

They are also cheatin cunts imo (goes back to reynascomments)

No proble, Craig/ I just hate the Germans. Doesnt help that one of my bosses is one and the fuckin stammer and incorrect use of English lanuage does my head in.

They are also cheatin cunts imo (goes back to reynascomments)

Which Reyna are you talking about ?

I dont mind them not winning it so long as their odds drop before the final so I can bet against them !