Euro 08 Official Thread

Big game later with Austria and Germany. The home crowd will be right behind them.

Anyone from Austria, Germany and Poland can still go through, I just hope its not Poland.

I think it would be Germany v Portugal in the next round which would be a cracker.

Think its pretty much a winner takes all from Austria and the Germans as Poland need other results to go their way and also need to win by a fair few goals.

Germans for me.

Think they will still win the tournement. As good as the Dutch and Spanish have been, i think the Germans would know how to play them.

Big game later with Austria and Germany. The home crowd will be right behind them.

Anyone from Austria, Germany and Poland can still go through, I just hope its not Poland.

I think it would be Germany v Portugal in the next round which would be a cracker.

Totally agree about the Poles. GIRUY Boruc!! Would love to see the Austrians beat the Germans but having seen them against the Poles, I just can't see it

Was talking to a mate earlier about David Villa. We both hate Liverpool but agree it would be cool to see him and Torres pairing up in the Premiership, then I found this photo.

torresvillado8.jpg

Whoever made that is a genuis. Obviously taken from Torres' goal celebrations for Spain against Russia and the guy has just gone to work on it. Just thought I'd share it.. clearly done by a guy with too much time on his hands but it still looks fucking excellent.

I'd love to see him at Liverpool. He's making the right noises about it, as is Torres about pledging his future to Liverpool.

Pool still need a couple of players though I'm afraid, but what a start it would be with those two together up front. Maybe finally, Benitez will realise he has to play his strongest 11 more often than not.

Yeah, I agree with that Gribz. Liverpool are a long way short of the quality in every area like Manure and Chelsea.

I'm also unsure about Benitez, though he does seem to have the respect of the players. A front two of Villa and Torres would be something else, but they also need probably a couple of midfielders and defenders, world class ones and I cant see that happening unfortunately.