Euro 08 Official Thread

Guest Ibroxian

I expected these Championships to be boring with uninspiring, low scoring games but I'm hooked on the absolute total football from most teams. After tonights Holland v France game I believe Holland are the favourites now.

Group of death? Holland are taking it by storm. They beat Italy and France convincingly in games where their opposition were just as good.

If we (England) were to face several of these teams right now we'd be made to look second rate. Scotland and Northern Ireland would fare better.

Best Euro Champs I can remember.

Guest Ibroxian
Holland have been superb but they might get a nosebleed in the next round!!

Will be interesting to see if Spain continue from the first game!!

True, beat the bigger teams then lose against the minnows.

Guest Ibroxian

Turkey 3 - Czech Republic 2

Great game, I wanted the Turks to win but didn't expect from 2-0 down! If the Czechs had equalised I would love to have seen the outfield player face 5 penalties in the shoot out! I think the ref blew 90 seconds too early.

Onwards and upwards.....

Unbelievable stuff. I could have watched that game for 90 minutes more! The 2nd half was really good. Bet Cech is feeling absolutely gutted though! What a howler for the 2nd goal

Just watching the highlights of this game just now. How good has Sionko been so far......looks a different player to the one we had :S

Turkey 3 - Czech Republic 2

Great game, I wanted the Turks to win but didn't expect from 2-0 down! If the Czechs had equalised I would love to have seen the outfield player face 5 penalties in the shoot out! I think the ref blew 90 seconds too early.

Onwards and upwards.....

Anyone who lives in Holland won't support the Turks except a Turk.

The ones who live in Holland are the vermin of the world and totally different from the Turkish Turks. The Turks here have been caught in a time warp and have prehistoric values.

Big game later with Austria and Germany. The home crowd will be right behind them.

Anyone from Austria, Germany and Poland can still go through, I just hope its not Poland.

I think it would be Germany v Portugal in the next round which would be a cracker.