Gers look to improve defenders contract

We have to hope his aspirations are no higher than the SPL..... And I don't think any player of his quality can say it is not higher. So Rangers need to sell themselves - and us the fans to the big man. He is a magnificent player, and I for one believe he shouldbe handed the Captain's arm band and lead from the CB position for years to come.

CC Loyal

We have to hope his aspirations are no higher than the SPL..... And I don't think any player of his quality can say it is not higher. So Rangers need to sell themselves - and us the fans to the big man. He is a magnificent player, and I for one believe he shouldbe handed the Captain's arm band and lead from the CB position for years to come.

CC Loyal

Agree fully. I hope it is because we sell Fergie,that would be a real bonus.

Great news and he deserves the improved deal and Id also give him the captaincy. There would be no shame in taking it away from Ferguson seen as he got it handed to him within weeks of returning from Blackburn at someone elses expense.

You have to think Carlos will want to play in La Liga or the Premier League one day so if he gives us 1 or 2 more top seasons then im sure he will go with everyones blessing. If he stays longer then brilliant.

I'd be genuinely delighted if we can keep CC and offering him a new contract is a signal that we want to do so - even if it's to remove the alleged �£10m minimum fee clause from his current one.

Unfortunately, if we're to spend more money this summer (on top of the �£6million already spent) I still think one of Cuellar or McGregor (more likely) will leave.

i'd rather mcgregor go - especially given that he has said he's dying to. if you don't want to be here, gtf. people who want to play, like cc, do everything to make them stay.

Cuellar has already played in La Liga so I doubt he has aspirations there.

I think we put ourselves down a bit sometimes. I can see why Rangers would be attractive to play for as money isn't everything, especially when you get paid about a million pounds a year already.

At the risk of stating the obvious (although seemingly it is necessary):

With Rangers you get to be in contention if not winning trophies every season and with that comes playing in the Champions League pretty much every year. We've also shown that we can more than rub shoulders with the teams in the latter stages of the UEFA cup.

Scottish football is not as bad as people would like to think, which is why we sometimes struggle against many of the teams. Like most countries we have a decent rival who have managed to get to the last 16 of the CL twice in a row despite having far less TV money than other countries.

Now if you get to be a first pick for Man U or Barcelona etc then fair enough, but if not, would you prefer to be a squad player for the likes of Newcastle or Tottenham and maybe even say Wigan, or would you prefer to be the first pick and hero of a club where the average home attendance is 49,000 in a five star stadium? A club with one of the best training grounds in the country.

I think all that Cuellar is doing is being highly intelligent and seeing past the hype of the Premiership. He knows that a good life is more than hawking your skills to the highest bidder.

Laudrup and Larsson knew this too, with the former learning from experience.

He seems to be happy where he is and wary of throwing that happiness away for a bit more money.

People are hyping the Prem all the time and dumbing down the SPL, but we of all people should know better.