Seem to remember Ally McCoist getting the same shit when he joined from Sunderland.

His play grew as his experience did. He also got support from players who at the time played in there positions.

We have had too many players playing outwith there scope of position that last year we did exceptionally well to win what we did, and get to the Final in the Uefa Cup and take the league to the last day (albeit we were ahead in Feb/March by a decent margin)

Last year was astonishing, and yet the only player I can see getting flack is Boyd.

There are some on here who berate others - McCulloch, Darch, Fergie etc and they all deserve a little criticism, but FFS we all saw what happened last year. Players utilised outside there normal remit, injuries, unfit players, tired players, dodgy decisions at critical times (for and against before the conspiracy lunes start)

We have signed 3 new strikers. Does anyone think that so far that is what we need to strengthen the team?

Great - another Boyd debate! There maybe 87 of them here but they are still good debating :D

But im glad Cammy has joined the debate. I was beginning to question my judgement for a while but seeing his posts make me realise Im right (IMO).

Boyd putting 25 goals away is just not enough for us to win the league. We need much more but not just from him and others. We may get 25 goals from him but Celtic may get 17 from McDonald and 15 from JVH.

If Boyd could control the ball, beat a man, keep possesion, had pace, jump and win a ball, bring others into play AND score goals Id be raving about him and better Premier league clubs down south would be in for him - not Hull and Cardiff.

I agree its not all his fault. Burke is a player who has never matched his potential so id punt him.

Charlie Adam shows glimpes of skill but reminds me of the big kid in the playground who can turn it on against the 1st years but out of his depth against the 6th years.

Lee McCulloch was 1 player I was happy about signing yet he has looked unfit since January.

Darcheville I like, but 60 mins a week is no use! Sebo would have gave more IMO.

Great - another Boyd debate! There maybe 87 of them here but they are still good debating :D

But im glad Cammy has joined the debate. I was beginning to question my judgement for a while but seeing his posts make me realise Im right (IMO).

Boyd putting 25 goals away is just not enough for us to win the league. We need much more but not just from him and others. We may get 25 goals from him but Celtic may get 17 from McDonald and 15 from JVH.

If Boyd could control the ball, beat a man, keep possesion, had pace, jump and win a ball, bring others into play AND score goals Id be raving about him and better Premier league clubs down south would be in for him - not Hull and Cardiff.

I agree its not all his fault. Burke is a player who has never matched his potential so id punt him.

Charlie Adam shows glimpes of skill but reminds me of the big kid in the playground who can turn it on against the 1st years but out of his depth against the 6th years.

Lee McCulloch was 1 player I was happy about signing yet he has looked unfit since January.

Darcheville I like, but 60 mins a week is no use! Sebo would have gave more IMO.

I agree we need a lot more from everyone not just boyd but he is the main one that seems to get more stick than anyone else for some reason, I think that's what puzzles me......

RANGERS legend Derek Johnstone has joined Cardiff City striker Steve Thompson in advising Kris Boyd to move to a Premiership club if he chooses to leave Ibrox.

Johnstone, the former Scotland World Cup striker, says a number of clubs are in for Rangers hit-man Boyd.

The Bluebirds have reportedly upped their bidding for Boyd to more than �£3.5m as Dave Jones seeks a striker to score goals in the Championship next season,

But Johnstone said in his column for the Glasgow Evening Times: ââ?¬Å?I am led to believe that several other English clubs, and not just the Bluebirds, are also interested in securing the services of the ââ?¬Ë?Gers striker.

ââ?¬Å?That includes some teams in the lower reaches of the English Premier League.

ââ?¬Å?Having a clinical finisher like Boyd would be invaluable to their chances of staying up.

ââ?¬Å?Cardiff play in front of big crowds and at a good level, but I still think Boyd is good enough to win a move to one of the lesser clubs in the Premier League.

ââ?¬Å?What these teams are looking for is somebody who is guaranteed to put the ball in back of the net on the rare occasions a scoring chance falls to them. Kris has no problems there.

ââ?¬Å?He also has to consider his Scotland career.

ââ?¬Å?If, as was the case last season, he isnââ?¬â?¢t getting a regular game, then he isnââ?¬â?¢t going to get picked by George Burley as the World Cup qualifying campaign gets under way.

ââ?¬Å?Kris has a big decision to make. Does he remain at Rangers, where he isnââ?¬â?¢t guaranteed a first-team game, and compete for trophies?

ââ?¬Å?Or does he move on for more money?

ââ?¬Å?He could realistically double the wages he is picking up at Ibrox by moving to a club down south.

ââ?¬Å?Personally, I think he will remain where he is due to the fact he is a Rangers fan.

ââ?¬Å?That still counts for a lot in football today.ââ?¬Â

But Johnstone went on: ââ?¬Å?If Boyd does decide to say enough is enough and move on, I would advise him to hang on and wait for a bigger club than Cardiff to come in for him.ââ?¬Â

Seems even a Rangers legend can see that Boyd will score goals and can play for a much bigger club than Cardiff.

He must be talking pish though as so many on here dont rate Boyd at all and can only see his shortcomings ;)

Seems even a Rangers legend can see that Boyd will score goals and can play for a much bigger club than Cardiff.

He must be talking pish though as so many on here dont rate Boyd at all and can only see his shortcomings ;)

Errr..... the lower reaches of the Premier League are clubs who are NOT much bigger than Cardiff.

Cardiff have grand designs on making the EPL themselves so I would hardly say that the lower EPL reaches are "much bigger" clubs.

If Cardiff offer us 3.5 mill for Boyd I would bite their hand off for it - he could definitely be replaced.

I am in the Cammy camp though - Boyd is one where I won't be bothered either way, if he stays or goes.

I told you that you and I agreeing would come to an end Jon !

Still dont get how Welsh clubs can play in the EPL or Championship etc. Thats a different matter anyway.

I know there are a lot here who wouldn't be bothered if we let him go, I just happen to be one of the ones who gives him my full support and believes he will go on to do great things for us.....given the chance.

Still dont get how Welsh clubs can play in the EPL or Championship etc. Thats a different matter anyway.

I know there are a lot here who wouldn't be bothered if we let him go, I just happen to be one of the ones who gives him my full support and believes he will go on to do great things for us.....given the chance.

Indeed, yet Scottish clubs can't. Strange ruling but one which has been there for a long, long time.

He will score goals for us of that I have no doubt - do great things on the other hand ??????? Depends on the definition.

If he is to be a bit part player next season then we should take the 3.5 million.

I would keep him if he is to be part of a 4-4-2 but only if he ALSO works on areas of his game which are blatantly obviously lacking.

honestly, i think dj, legend though he is, knows heehaw about football other than how he, himself, plays it. i've just never found him making any sort of sensible point, and this article is no different.

i hope boyd stays. i like him.