I was under the impression that was just the timposters at it again. After all, what 'real' Rangers fan in their right mind would want rid of their top goalscorer?

I know a lot of fans who don't rate him. I wouldn't lose sleep if he was sold, but wouldn't be too upset if he stays as well.

Not wanting to be pedantic here but when you project into the future you CANNOT state it as fact - is is impossible to do so.

This is very true ;) Although I would still stand by my 'prediction' with fair amount of confidence.

...Cousin doesn't suffer as much criticism as Boyd does (at least not until he showed his true desire to NOT be at Ibrox).

Not so sure about that. To me at least it seems like Cousin's been criticised for his workrate all season. IMO neither player deserves the criticism they get. The same goes for others like Adam and Burke. I suppose the boo-bhoys amongst our 'support' will always need a target though :sigh:

Just read John Macmillan's comments regarding the Boyd story. Is this guy suffering from some form of dementia??

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3717873,00.html

'Mixed feelings' ??? Correct me if I'm wrong, but since when did any gers fans claim Boyd wasn't good enough? OK, some think he can't play the lone striker role - some disagree, myself included. Some think he can't cut it against better opposition. Again, I disagree. He's currently got the best goals-games ratio by far for the National side. 'They' said he couldn't score against Celtic ...Until he did. The same 'fans' and mhedia pundits who question our top scorer's abilities, no doubt said Alan Hutton was 'no good' not too long ago. :sigh:

That said, despite there being some dissagreement amongst the support over young Boyd's (he is only 24 afterall) current limitations, I can't ever recall a single instance of a Rangers fan saying we should 'get rid'. In fact, I would expect nothing short of an outrage if Boyd was to be sold for 3x the figures being quoted.

'with better players giving him better service, it could change people's attitude and we could see a Kris Boyd who scores goals again' - As opposed to what exactly John??? Where have you been for the past couple of seasons??? Surely our fanbase deserves better representation than this eedjit. :mad:

I don't see anything wrong with his comments. They accurately reflect my experience in the support.

I don't see anything wrong with his comments. They accurately reflect my experience in the support.

OK here's one - 'we could see a Kris Boyd who scores goals again'

When exactly did Boyd go through a dry period?

As for the 'mixed feelings' amongst the support, like I said previously there are sections of the support unfortunately who always need to have a target for their criticism. So if we're talking about criticism amongst the paying support, I have no doubt that it exists, albeit no more than for any of the other usual suspects. Even then there's probably some numpties amongst our support who'd want rid of Cuellar and McGregor also. On the other hand if we're talking about phone-ins, tabloids and internet forums then IMO none of these offer a true reflection of the feelings amongst our support as for every 2-3 genuine fans you've got a sh*t-stirring 'Tic fan pretending to be one of us. Have any of you actually looked at the 606 forums recently?

OK here's one - 'we could see a Kris Boyd who scores goals again'

When exactly did Boyd go through a dry period?

As for the 'mixed feelings' amongst the support, like I said previously there are sections of the support unfortunately who always need to have a target for their criticism. So if we're talking about criticism amongst the paying support, I have no doubt that it exists, albeit no more than for any of the other usual suspects. Even then there's probably some numpties amongst our support who'd want rid of Cuellar and McGregor also. On the other hand if we're talking about phone-ins, tabloids and internet forums then IMO none of these offer a true reflection of the feelings amongst our support as for every 2-3 genuine fans you've got a sh*t-stirring 'Tic fan pretending to be one of us. Have any of you actually looked at the 606 forums recently?

I'm talking about the guys I go to the games with, and those that sit beside me at Ibrox, and it isn't guys who have to have targets. These guys don't boo our players. It's just their honest opinion that we are better off not starting with Boyd. Nothing to do with various media forms, including the internet.

Boyd certainly gets a far better reception from the Broomloan than other parts of the ground, for example, although I obviously have no idea where you sit.

Certainly, when we're playing the 4-5-1, I'd tend to agree with your mates that Boyd isn't the best striker to start with. That's not to say that I think the lone strikers role is beyond him ...just that we had others last season who were better suited. For the moment at least, I think even Kenny Miller's better in that role, but I truely believe that if Rangers play 3 or 4 games on the trot next season with Miller on his lonesome, then the knives will definitely be out. IMO, the potential partnership between himself and Boyd could be KM's only saving grace.

Boyd does score goals, but they tend to be when we are winning comfortabley - I can't remember too many games where a Boyd goal was the winning goal especially against the Tims, or in Europe.

You can not mention McCoist and Boyd in the same breath - McCoist was also a football player as well as a 'goal-getter'. You could also rely on McCoist to score you a winning goal on a consistant basis as well as banging in hatricks against the likes of Falkirk.

I don't personally rate Boyd and I am in the 'don't mind if he stays, don't mind if he's sold camp'.

Cammy F

What about the 2 cup finals last season Cammy?

He can and Im sure, will, still improve.

Jon, with all due respect, the finals were against DUFC and QoS - I don't think Boyd would have scored doubles if both finals were against say Celtc, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts etc...

He hasn't improved his game since he signed for us, he can't play as a lone striker and looks lost in our preferred 4-5-1 system. He looks 'unfit' and there are constant rumours regarding his personal life.

If WS changes formation nexy season and plays 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 then Boyd could become a regular. However, with 3 forwards signed already, looks like he isn't going to be a regular started next season. Given that, if we could generate �£3M plus from selling him, we could use that money to buy a creative midfield player or a badly need right and left back.

Cammy F