Rangers back in for Varynen

Peter Lovenkrands again says "Come and get me Rangers" on Teletext.

If i was him i would be saying it as well. If i was Walter i would be saying"Thanks but no thanks".

Signing Varynen, Davis and Lovenkrands would make me feel much more optimistic about the new season. That would be 3 attacking midfielders. We could then let 1 or 2 others leave and just add the centre half that WS craves.

Add Velicka to those 3 and possibly Lafferty then the summer signings would be pretty impressive.

Signing Varynen, Davis and Lovenkrands would make me feel much more optimistic about the new season. That would be 3 attacking midfielders. We could then let 1 or 2 others leave and just add the centre half that WS craves.

Add Velicka to those 3 and possibly Lafferty then the summer signings would be pretty impressive.

I can't disagree with that but i really think we can get better than Lovenkrands for the price we will have to pay.

I can't disagree with that but i really think we can get better than Lovenkrands for the price we will have to pay.

and the wages he will want, and has been said on here another left sided player when we are short of central and right sided ones....

Jason Culina is also looking to leave PSV and we were interested in him at one of the last transfer windows. He is valued at 1mill, but is a left sided midfielder. I just wonder if we will be interested in him again.

Jason Culina is also looking to leave PSV and we were interested in him at one of the last transfer windows. He is valued at 1mill, but is a left sided midfielder. I just wonder if we will be interested in him again.

I mentioned him on FF yesterday and reckon he is right sided rather than left. Possibly similar to Davis but could play wide right better than Steven Davis who is more suited to a central role.

Both Vayrynen and Culina have one year remaining on their contracts so shouldn't be priced out of a move to us unless the English clubs come calling.

I have no doubt both would greatly improve our midfield options although how often would Culina be missing while on International duty with the Aussies?

RANGERS' pursuit of midfield reinforcements received a boost today as PSV Eindhoven revealed Mika Vayrynen is up for sale.

The 26-year-old Finnish international has moved on to Walter Smith's signing radar following the long-term injury to captain Barry Ferguson.

The Ibrox manager was linked to the playmaker just over a year ago and has made tentative enquires regarding his availability - and he has been encouraged with news the Dutch side are prepared to offload the player.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2405577.0.0.php