Anderson Wanted By Rangers

Former Plymouth Argyle defender Russell Anderson is being linked with a move to Glasgow Rangers.

The 29-year old Scottish international moved to Home Park on-loan from Sunderland in February and enjoyed a successful three-month loan spell, making 14 appearances for Argyle.

Pilgrims' boss Paul Sturrock had made it clear that he would like to sign Anderson in a permanent deal but the cost of a transfer fee plus wages proved too expensive and Sturrock decided to look elsewhere for a centre-back.

The former Aberdeen captain indicated that he was looking forward to a fresh start with the Black Cats and fight for a first-team place but with Rangers now showing an interest it could well be that Anderson makes a surprise return to Scotland.

Anderson moved to Sunderland from Aberdeen last summer in a �£1 million transfer but ruptured his ankle ligaments soon after joining and spent several months on the sidelines until the loan move to Argyle.

Im not surprised 1 bit. I mentioned a week ago we would go for Diamond or the likes as cover and pay the low wages rather than pay big odds for a stop gap.

Anderson is another player who left the SPL to be out of his depth which is a pity as he wasnt bad at all for Aberdeen. What is it with some Scottish players who dont suceed in other leagues! Do they have a complex about themselves or something!

Im not surprised 1 bit. I mentioned a week ago we would go for Diamond or the likes as cover and pay the low wages rather than pay big odds for a stop gap.

Anderson is another player who left the SPL to be out of his depth which is a pity as he wasnt bad at all for Aberdeen. What is it with some Scottish players who dont suceed in other leagues! Do they have a complex about themselves or something!

I think Scots on the whole lack confidence. i think that is why we are so good patter merchants to cover up our insecurities.

Anderson is a decent player, but if he was to comehe would probably beour poorest centre half. Webster, Carlos, Weir are all better players. He would have to be purely back-up. I think it'll be another season with weir and Carlos at centre half.