Why not get players like Brian Laudrup, Jorg Albertz, Amo, Claudio Reyna, Cannagia, Ray Wilkins, Arthur Numan etc - who are all respected professionals in their home countries, running RANGERS youth academies in their homelands and scouting for us?

Cammy F

What a brilliant idea. Guys like Laudrup and Albertz are already sort of unofficial ambassadors for us. Add the likes of Prso to the list. This is the kind of thing the RST could have taken up instead of imploding like it has.

Why not get players like Brian Laudrup, Jorg Albertz, Amo, Claudio Reyna, Cannagia, Ray Wilkins, Arthur Numan etc - who are all repsected professionals in their home countries, running RANGERS youth academies in their homelands and scouting for us?

It's a good idea, but it would take a fair bit of financial clout to get something like this off the ground, especially with some of the names mentioned.

Also, as much as it would be good to get Caniggia on board scouting for some talented Argie youths, I'm not sure if he would have any time for Rangers these days, considering the way in which we got rid of him. Then we'd still have the problem with work permits. Same could be said for the US (Reyna) and I'm not sure what Wilkins is up to these days (maybe give that one to Gazza? :D) but the rest of the names mentioned would certainly provide a lure for young talent.

At the risk of repeating myself, if you do a search on threads on this board, and the older versions (if that is possible), I believe I have written over half a dopzen articles pleading with Rangers to sort out the 'scouting system'.

As stated previously in the above articles, we are in a position to start this and from a position of strength. Why not get players like Brian Laudrup, Jorg Albertz, Amo, Claudio Reyna, Cannagia, Ray Wilkins, Arthur Numan etc - who are all repsected professionals in their home countries, running RANGERS youth academies in their homelands and scouting for us?

These ex-players (or others like them) could not only run these academies unearthing the best talent the countries have to offer, but they could and would act as ambassadors (sp) for our club the world over.

All that is required is a little foresight from the people running our club - unfortunately for us, they are hell bent on ruining rather than running our club.

Cammy F

Does Arthur Numan not live in Scotland still? De Boer is more Ajax minded than Rangers so he would give Ajax first shout. Huistra and Snelders work with Twente. I think that would leave big Bert Konterman as he does TV work. Let's not bother about Holland.:D

Personally, I can't see what we could do in the likes of Denmark and the Netherlands which would attract their best young players away from teams in their own country, who seem to have had a pretty good record of developing players for many years.

We're not exactly of the stature of Man U or Barcelona - so I really can't see how we could succeed. At best we'd pick up all the players that no local team wants.

I think we'd be best to concentrate on developing local talent in Scotland where we should easily be first choice for at least 33% of the kids.

However, I think the onus is more on the Scottish Parliament and the SFA to dramatically increase the amount of proper coaching in our schools as well as actually providing places for kids to actually play.

As far as I can see, they seem to be building on pitches everywhere.

A club like ours deserves a board who match and strive to achieve our ambitions. Who invest in the club, who ensure that we are the best both on and off the pitch. A board who would have the vision to spread the Rangers family to all corners of the world, who would deal with the zealot like demonisation (sp) of the Rangers fans in the press etc.

Given that the majority of our support are still pro David Murray, I'd argue that the support have the club we deserve.

Given that the majority of our support are still pro David Murray, I'd argue that the support have the club we deserve.

And therein lies the problem - until the majority waken from their slumber, SDM is on easy street - can't believe how low Rangers fans are willing to drop their standards and ambitions in line with SDM and not question his policies etc.

Cammy F

Guest wailive2002

Iv supported rangers for over 15 years and I have to say this is the worst rangers team iv seen or really close to it. I know it is basically the same players who got to uefa cup final last season but be really honest how many games did we deserve to win? We were lucky in many games last season and our luck as ran out.

I think Walter Smith is most to blame. I understand we no longer can attract or even afford laudrups and gascoignes but surely we can get better than broadfoot, dailly etc. This is walters team he built it, he bought the players so really cant blame the players for being crap. Its a bunch of scotland players, some who struggle to get into the scotland B team. You cant even say we dont have money to spend because he has spent 8mil just this season on pointless singings. Now i see cuellar leaving...

We play the same style against Barca, Kaunas and even Gretna...what is that about? What are our tactics? 10 men behind the ball, get the ball and miss out the midfield and punt into to the opposition defenders!!

For tonights game i thought it was like 4-2-1 we were playing because dailly, adam and mcculloch were not playing. we dont have many mid but one good one we do have - hemdani wasnt playing and he plays dailly instead. I dont understand Walters selection sometimes.

Sorry if ppl if you dont agree with me here but i feel really angry and i want to express my feeling somewhere. :throwpc::brick:

Iv supported rangers for over 15 years and I have to say this is the worst rangers team iv seen or really close to it. I know it is basically the same players who got to uefa cup final last season but be really honest how many games did we deserve to win? We were lucky in many games last season and our luck as ran out.

I think Walter Smith is most to blame. I understand we no longer can attract or even afford laudrups and gascoignes but surely we can get better than broadfoot, dailly etc. This is walters team he built it, he bought the players so really cant blame the players for being crap. Its a bunch of scotland players, some who struggle to get into the scotland B team. You cant even say we dont have money to spend because he has spent 8mil just this season on pointless singings. Now i see cuellar leaving...

We play the same style against Barca, Kaunas and even Gretna...what is that about? What are our tactics? 10 men behind the ball, get the ball and miss out the midfield and punt into to the opposition defenders!!

For tonights game i thought it was like 4-2-1 we were playing because dailly, adam and mcculloch were not playing. we dont have many mid but one good one we do have - hemdani wasnt playing and he plays dailly instead. I dont understand Walters selection sometimes.

Sorry if ppl if you dont agree with me here but i feel really angry and i want to express my feeling somewhere. :throwpc::brick:

I feel genuinely sorry for you.......... never having known this great club before David Murray put his hands round its neck.