Nah i defo couldnt handle Eck being back at Ibrox, just wouldnt work.

Smith needs to get us off to a flyer with players brought in to spice things up a bit. He needs to drop McCulloch, Dailly, Adam, Broadfoot and sometimes Whittaker and play young boys. Wouldnt do any worse in my opinion

When a menager is being asked to drop so many players that he himself signed within the last year, it is a sure sign that the manager is the one who should be dropped.

Look "pal" I don't need to know you, I just need to read what you said. Let me refer you to your earlier quote:

You don't think that changing the "we" to "they" and it could have easily come from a Tim? I've argued many times with Tims on the Scotsman, and that's EXACTLY the kind of stuff they write. I didn't say you are a Tim but after arguing with them it's a bit crap to have to do it with someone who says he supports my club.

If what you said was true, then I could understand it, but from where I was sitting, we gubbed team after team on the way to the final. Was Mohamid Ali getting "hammered" when he was ropadoping? Italian teams have played that kind of football for years and never had the same kind of slagging.

Crap teams don't get to the final, but if they do, then how the hell do you measure your success? Was PLG really a great manager but he lost to teams that we hammered? Was he a far bigger success but some of us just can't see it?

Since you've been a season ticket holder for five years, it's strange you think that way as we've won very little before last season in that time, bar Celtic handing us the title on the last day and the football has been consistently dire all the way.

Last season MUST have been the best you've seen at Ibrox bar losing the league in the last few games. I haven't seen as strong a Rangers for about 7 years.

Last season in Europe may not have been the prettiest but it was definitely effective and it sure beats getting gubbed by Victoria Zhizkov or Gothenburg etc. If we have to play crap football to win then I'll take that over playing good football and losing - something we did under WS last tenure.

The ideal is playing great AND winning, but if it was that easy everyone would be doing it and therefore nobody.

I for one enjoyed our European run immensely - but then, I love it when Rangers win.

I totally loved the away games as well, great atmosphere, great banter and much excitement, but the football we have played in the last 5 years has been horribly boring and backs to the wall.

There have been trophies in that time, but only because Celtic have been pretty dire too.

Smiths decisions so far this season bring years of these problems to a head, we had a tremendous chance to back up our Euro run and improve the quality of our squad, go from strength to strength, but instead it is thrown back in our faces, by the pure arrogance of WS IMO.

You cannot blame fans for getting angry at the current situation.

No Eck returning would not be the answer. Dod Burley would get a decent system going but I wouldnt opt for him either.

If we were going back to the future then Advocaat would be a good choice but Martin Jol would be my favourite at the moment.

Just flying a kite really with the Eck suggestion. But it just goes to show that it's difficult to find anybody who could come in at the moment. Martin Jol would be great, but can't see him leaving his current job so soon. Really cannot see a future with WS though. Last night was the last straw.

SDM will never get rid of WS and neither of them will listen to the fans, probably because there would never be enough fans who would be willing to vocally protest. See the Eck era for evidence of this.

Besides, there's no money now. WS has spent nearly all his budget, so a new manager would have to work with what he's got unless SDM was to do some more financial jiggery pokery.

The problem is that missing out on the CL makes things even more difficult for us both this season and the start of next.

Jol looks to me like the Dutch equivalent of WS. Spends lots of money but actually makes little difference.

I think even the blind amongst us now see the futility of Smith continuing in the manager's job. He said in a post-match interview that he wasn't entirely surprised by the result, that he could "see it coming" in the previous pre-season performances. Obviously not clearly enough to do anything about it though. Last year's signings are failing badly, this year's signing just don't make any sense at all. Smith is hopelessly lost and needs to go right now. There is no future in this manager and no point whatsoever to prolonging the pain. No point other than the fact it suits Murray to have a weak and compliant manager to deal with.

Unfortunately, I can't see many managers (especially ones with good reputations to protect) wanting to take over a team who are listless and without a genuine midfield...

Smith should resign and we should start from scratch. Obviously to start from scratch would take investment (both emotional and financial) in the club from the chairman/owner.

I can't see that happening so we are in big trouble.

Unfortunately, I can't see many managers (especially ones with good reputations to protect) wanting to take over a team who are listless and without a genuine midfield...

Smith should resign and we should start from scratch. Obviously to start from scratch would take investment (both emotional and financial) in the club from the chairman/owner.

I can't see that happening so we are in big trouble.

How fast the mighty have fallen. European finalists now out of Europe and facing an opening run of fixtures that could see us well behind in the league come the end of August.

Like I alluded to in another thread, I've wondered just what it would take for people to turn on WS and/or SDM in any great numbers. I still believe that for many, both are untouchable and beyond reproach. Just look at SDM's reaction to the protests when we were struggling under Eck and Walter's response to any reasonable criticism/questions from journalists. And speaking of those protests, those involved were painted as being nothing but a small bunch of troublemakers and in the scheme of things, were a small section of our support.

Will SDM/WS come out and say its just unacceptable?

Will journalists actually ask the questions that need to be asked?

Will either of them stop treating the fans like something they've trod on in the street?

Honestly, where do we go from here? Win the SPL I'm sure will come the reply from Ibrox. But is that good enough considering the football we've had to watch last season and the noises coming from Ibrox that it was all about steadying the ship and then we'd kick on from that this year?