Post Kaunas discontent - One fans fears realised

This is the only bit i disagree with, there is no way Boyd would make a difference. The only difference would be Boyd doing less running.

We dont have Scholes or Gerrard so thats even more a case to play a runner to do chasing than not. You know only too well our tactics are high balls and Cousin is the only striker ive seen on our books who knows what to do when he gets it.

So..... you would rather we continued with one up front and that he be a "runner" ?

Sorry but our problem is a lack of goals from the strikers and when you have that then who will score for you ? Especially when your midfield consists of people like Dailly, McCulloch, Adam and Thomson - not one of them poses any real goal threat !!

So we should now play with a midfield who cant score, a midfield who lack creativity and therefore can't creata chances, and a striker who will do more running for you but with little goal threat ?

Sorry, but with the personnel we have we should be playing a 4-4-2 and Boyd should have a runner BESIDE him, not INSTEAD of him.

Now that we are out of europe,Boyd should start to get more game time,as everyone keeps saying '' he's no good against the good sides '',well all we have left is the domestic treble to go after,play the man or get rid of him

So..... you would rather we continued with one up front and that he be a "runner" ?

No we need need a midfield who are capable of creating chances before we pick a striker. So therefore Id rather a runner to try and win us the ball than not. But for me Cousin would be brought back into the team, he is the only one capable of playing this shocking system

Guest bluenose1303
Originally Posted by craig

Sorry, but with the personnel we have we should be playing a 4-4-2 and Boyd should have a runner BESIDE him, not INSTEAD of him.

makes total sense to me ............

And to a lot of us...............why can`t the management team see it.:ffs:

I think my main gripe these days is the fact, as alluded to by SA, that Walter never seems to field a team that appears to be anything like what any reasonably well versed follower of football would consider to be his "best" 11. Week in week out I attended games last season hoping "maybe this week I'll see who I want and we'll get some decent attacking football." And what did we get? Lumbering duds. Every fucking week. Dailly is a poor excuse for a footballer as is McCulloch as is Miller as is Adam. This unswerving loyalty to "experience" is indeed utterly laughable. I thought that air horn last night was strangely fitting. The wheezing, half-comic, half-highly frustrating noise seemed a perfect accompaniment to watching what we have become under Walter. A fucking bad joke.

I think my main gripe these days is the fact, as alluded to by SA, that Walter never seems to field a team that appears to be anything like what any reasonably well versed follower of football would consider to be his "best" 11. Week in week out I attended games last season hoping "maybe this week I'll see who I want and we'll get some decent attacking football." And what did we get? Lumbering duds. Every fucking week. Dailly is a poor excuse for a footballer as is McCulloch as is Miller as is Adam. This unswerving loyalty to "experience" is indeed utterly laughable. I thought that air horn last night was strangely fitting. The wheezing, half-comic, half-highly frustrating noise seemed a perfect accompaniment to watching what we have become under Walter. A fucking bad joke.

The thing with WS is he picks players hoping they will spectularly find there best form again even though they are in the worst form of their life.