do you want smith to go?

walter, sack or back?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. walter, sack or back?

• yes bugger off walter your shit.
    • no you got us to a european final, you must be good

PLG should have walked before he was - eventually - sacked. I was right behind WS coming back and I think he did a good job, but his tactics in Europe are boring and negative and his loyalty to certain players is beyond a joke.- Dailly for one and Mr Adam for another. The only problem I see is - who would want to come being realistic??

Don't understand why Daily is getting a start; for me he's backup at best. As for Adam; I think he's got great potential & deserves a chance to learn & improve, but he needs the fans' backing rather than their abuse, otherwise it's gonna be difficult for him to get his confidence up & shooting boots on (as with many players). I certainly thought he was easily as good as Daily or McCulloch last night & should've been the one taking that long range free kick that McCulloch f*ckin wasted. Couldn't believe it when he was taken off TBH.

i think smiths negative tactics have destroyed a lot of players confidence. we make no attempt to pass the ball or hold on to it and it isnt only bad to watch, it makes the players look bad as well.

i think smiths negative tactics have destroyed a lot of players confidence.

Sorry but I don't buy that for a second. Where confidence is an issue, it's more likely the boo-boys amongst our support to blame than the tactics. Personally, I think last season has taken it's toll mentally on the playing and coaching staff alike. I can remember Hemdani saying before the UEFA final that it took him 3 seasons to get over losing it with Marseille. Obviously that sort of timescale isn't acceptable (not to mention memorable) at Rangers. It must have been a crushing blow to them all to have been so near to winning the quadruple and let it slip out their grasp and it's easier said than done but they can't afford to dwell. Another season is just a couple of days away and everyone (fans included) really needs to get a grip, get fired up and hit it head on. Keep believing :rfc:

Sorry but I don't buy that for a second. Where confidence is an issue, it's more likely the boo-boys amongst our support to blame than the tactics. Personally, I think last season has taken it's toll mentally on the playing and coaching staff alike. I can remember Hemdani saying before the UEFA final that it took him 3 seasons to get over losing it with Marseille. Obviously that sort of timescale isn't acceptable (not to mention memorable) at Rangers. It must have been a crushing blow to them all to have been so near to winning the quadruple and let it slip out their grasp and it's easier said than done but they can't afford to dwell. Another season is just a couple of days away and everyone (fans included) really needs to get a grip, get fired up and hit it head on. Keep believing :rfc:

Doesn't make sense. You're seriously blaming boo boys (whatever that means) for that display last night? They're to blame for the senseless signing of three forwards when we desperately needed midfielders? They're the reason why Smith admitted after the match that he could see it coming? There must be a hell of a lot of booing is all I can say. Time to get real bud and extract the head from the sand.

Doesn't make sense. You're seriously blaming boo boys (whatever that means) for that display last night?

If you bothered to read what I said (you CAN read can't you?) you would find that I was pointing at the boo boys as being more responsible for any lack of confidence than the tactics deployed.

As I said I believe this goes further than a mere lack of confidence. What we've got is a team full of players (and coaching staff) feeling sorry for themselves. In some cases it might swing the other way, where players think 'they've made it' because of the relative success of last season. Either way, It's THEM who need to pull their heads out of the dirt (or the clouds) and get back to winning games. We can't do it for them, but the least we can do as real supporters is give them our 'support'.

I agree, the wording is a bit OTT, but I also agree that it's time for Walter to go. I defended him as much as I could last season as he was getting results. That's not happened in the crunch games and has cost us the 2 major trophies and a fortune in European revenue. Unfortunately, that is why the CHamp leahue is important to us, cos we just ain't gonna win it in my lifetime!

He's reliving the mythical ten in a row season - misguided loyalty to players past their prime, an inability to come up with a plan B when things aren't working and not giving players who may, or may not, be able to enhance the team a chance - we'll never know, because his single(narrow?)-minded attitude won't allow him to give them a run (Buffel, Gow, Fleck, Furman, Lennon, Boyd, �£3.5million signing Lafferty).

He's made huge mistakes in blowing at least a huge chunk, if not all, off our transfer budget on enhancing the squad when it was the first team itself that was drastically needing re-shaped. There are bargains out there - El-Hadj Diouf �£2.5 mill, Alan Smith �£1.5 mill, Teemu Tainio, Steed Malbranque, Geovanni. These guys have experience at the highest level and I think would have considered coming to Ibrox witht he promise of trophies,league titles and Champions League football. They won't get that at Sunderland or Hull.

his single(narrow?)-minded attitude won't allow him to give them a run (Buffel, Gow, Fleck, Furman, Lennon, Boyd, �£3.5million signing Lafferty).

With Buffel & Gow I reckon there's more than meets the eye. I would hazard a guess at poor attitude. As for Boyd, I admit that it's hard to fathom, but it appears that he STILL IS down the pecking order (behind Miller) for the National team. I think it's far too early to make assumptions about what plans have been laid for the others you mention though.

There are bargains out there - El-Hadj Diouf �£2.5 mill, Alan Smith �£1.5 mill, Teemu Tainio, Steed Malbranque, Geovanni. These guys have experience at the highest level and I think would have considered coming to Ibrox witht he promise of trophies,league titles and Champions League football. They won't get that at Sunderland or Hull.

But they WILL stay in the EPL and as a result continue to earn extortionate salaries. The transfer fees may make them appear to be bargains within our reach, but do we really want to be paying any of those players 5 times the average salary? In some cases I would say it would have been an option to show an interest publicly, even if only to point out the salary as the stumbling block.

Yeah the wording was a bit wrong, id only want him to go if there was someone better coming in.

But Im going to judge him on the league this season. His lack of midfield is already got the first cross against him and he isnt going to have funds to buy a couple in now.

I think he is good enough to win us the league but needs to give up this stubborness of 4-5-1 and the imposters in midfield.

sacking a manager whose spent a deal of money before the season starts is unthinkable. he'll have to change, though - he's been contentious with the fans, made poor signings and inexplicable tactical choices. he's got to dare to change it.