do you want smith to go?

walter, sack or back?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. walter, sack or back?

• yes bugger off walter your shit.
    • no you got us to a european final, you must be good

WS has to change certain things and hope for a great start to the season or I can see a clamour for him to leave. I also don't think this is a knee-jerk reaction to the result in Kaunas as many of the things he's being criticised about were being said from fairly early on in last season. The warning signs were there for all to see I think.

Well, you may be right. I just don't think Smith is at the stage of his career where he is capable of fundamental change. Since we all apparently agree there needs to be a change to his negative tactics on the field of play, let's see if this starts against Falkirk on Saturday and continues thereafter. If, as I suspect, he continues with the dreadful negative approach of the last season, we might all be able to agree he should go. And since it will take him another couple of seasons and a bucket of money to change out his playing staff to allow a different style of play, the outcome seems inevitable.

More than anything, I see Smith as incapable of developing new young talent and being able to trust himself to bring them into the first team. His track record in this respect is appalling and this is something we desperately need to be able to do.

i fear you're 100% right about all this. i think if we do wrestle the title from celtic it will be with horrible football, no growth as a team, and no introduction of youngsters - no sustained vision. but there's no ambition or long-term view at all at the club just now. murray park was an excellent idea, and it's produced a few good players, but there doesn't seem to be a plan for integrating them into the first team, there doesn't seem to be a style of football taught as The Rangers Way from youngster to first team. everything is looking one result at a time, and i dont think it'll change till we have a change of board. in the mean time, we've just got to pray that it works out somehow.

I think one thing you have to give Walter, is that since he has come back, he's won more points in the league than Celtic, won more games against them as well as winning all the cups he's been in at their expense.

Domestically he's been a good bit better than them. So there is no reason to believe he can't continue to beat this season - except perhaps that the team currently looks like a shambles...

..............except perhaps that the team currently looks like a shambles...

Which is really the only thing that has any bearing on the future. You shouldn't feel that criticism of Smith is in any way seeking to detract from what he has undoubtedly achieved in the past. It is simply a belief about what he is doing now and where he is likely to take us in the future.

Your track record is more than your last few games. We're still almost in preseason, so to base the future of the season on that is not realistic. You at least have to base it on the last year and in that sense Walter has done ok.

I don't think that Walter will take to any dizzy heights - although he was a whisker away from it last season. But I do expect him to bring back the title.

The team have been shite all summer, but that could be seen as a glitch, albeit one that has led to a 10M deficit.

However, if he wants to blame the players then he needs to drop half of them who are the worst offenders. If he blames himself he needs to change what he's doing and turn it around immediately or simply drop himself and resign.

I don't think Walter should be sacked,he has to turn this season round by at least winning the title back,if not then he should go.I really don't think it would help us at this time to try and get another manager in.

Your track record is more than your last few games. We're still almost in preseason, so to base the future of the season on that is not realistic. You at least have to base it on the last year and in that sense Walter has done ok.

I don't think that Walter will take to any dizzy heights - although he was a whisker away from it last season. But I do expect him to bring back the title.

The team have been shite all summer, but that could be seen as a glitch, albeit one that has led to a 10M deficit.

However, if he wants to blame the players then he needs to drop half of them who are the worst offenders. If he blames himself he needs to change what he's doing and turn it around immediately or simply drop himself and resign.

The team has been shite since February. Apart from some amazing backs-to-the-wall results in Europe, we have struggled on all fronts. Without Kris Boyd, we would have finished last season with nothing.

The team has been shite since February. Apart from some amazing backs-to-the-wall results in Europe, we have struggled on all fronts. Without Kris Boyd, we would have finished last season with nothing.

Exactly...

out of our last 20 competitive games we have won 5...that is a shocking statistic in any level of football.