do you want smith to go?

walter, sack or back?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. walter, sack or back?

• yes bugger off walter your shit.
    • no you got us to a european final, you must be good

You've been watching the same players, the same team as me and everyone else. Just how much worse do you think this can get?

Well virtually the same players got us quite far last season, so what has happened to change that? We had to get midfielders in but haven't and that has cost us. I'm not defending Smith but IMO it would get much worse before it got better if he left now. This is not the right time IMO for him to leave giving the circumstances, the end of last season was but maybe, like you think it will, if it's as bad as PLGs reign he will go soon. It's only my opinion m8, I would've liked someone else in place at the start of the season with money to spend but it never happened.

Well virtually the same players got us quite far last season, so what has happened to change that? We had to get midfielders in but haven't and that has cost us. I'm not defending Smith but IMO it would get much worse before it got better if he left now. This is not the right time IMO for him to leave giving the circumstances, the end of last season was but maybe, like you think it will, if it's as bad as PLGs reign he will go soon. It's only my opinion m8, I would've liked someone else in place at the start of the season with money to spend but it never happened.

Like many others, you seem to take it for granted that last season was a success. Compared with the two previous seasons I suppose it was. However, from the beginning of this year there was little to embarrass the history books with. We won only 25% of games, limped over the finishing line in the League Cup after being hounded by Dundee Utd, dragged our way into the Scottish Cup final and struggled past lowly QoS, stuttered to a complete standstill in the league as celtic came from a distant second to comfortable winners, and approached our UEFA Cup final like a team that was shyt scared to be there. Exactly what success is it that you think we would be jeopardising? Are you afraid the next manager might not want to continue with 4-5-1? Or that he might not feel confident enough to play without a midfield? Perhaps you don't want to risk having a manager who would try to develop our own young talent? I mean, there's so much to lose.

Like many others, you seem to take it for granted that last season was a success. Compared with the two previous seasons I suppose it was. However, from the beginning of this year there was little to embarrass the history books with. We won only 25% of games, limped over the finishing line in the League Cup after being hounded by Dundee Utd, dragged our way into the Scottish Cup final and struggled past lowly QoS, stuttered to a complete standstill in the league as celtic came from a distant second to comfortable winners, and approached our UEFA Cup final like a team that was shyt scared to be there. Exactly what success is it that you think we would be jeopardising? Are you afraid the next manager might not want to continue with 4-5-1? Or that he might not feel confident enough to play without a midfield? Perhaps you don't want to risk having a manager who would try to develop our own young talent? I mean, there's so much to lose.

So if a new manager came in experimented with the players he had and we were 20 points behind teams by xmas then would he get slated or would you say o well at least he tried something different good on him. I know what you are saying if there is no change we will never know but it can go bad as well as good it's a big gamble.

Last season was a success I would say yes as I have never seen us get to a european cup final before farless been at one or seen a season where we were going for 4 trophies before. To watch wise it wasn't nice but results wise it was very good indeed. We all want performance and results of course we do but it's not going to happen very often is it, not in the SPL IMO.

I'm all for a manager playing younger players as long as they are good enough and had good experienced ones in the team as well as if they didn't do well who knows what might happen to them and what the fans will think of them. Rangers fans don't give players much time do they?

You have your opinion fine but I don't agree with all of it as you don't mine.

As i have been away on holiday for a few days i never seen the game and only knew the score by checking in on here for a few minutes on a borrowed laptop. I can give no opinion on the Kaunus game as i never saw or heard it.

I never wanted Walter Smith back and wanted him sacked after he won 9 in a row, as it was obvious to everyone then that the team was running backwards quickly. Was his contribution in 9 in a row that great. He took over a winning team and played against a Celtic team that was almost bankrupt. He had an open chequebook and still fell at the first serious hurdle Celtic could throw up.

I didn't want him as manager and nothing has happened to change my mind. He has and never will have an idea on how to manage a football team. He steadied the ship okay, he rested it on the sea-bed.

Surprise i voted for him to go. If the whole world could see for years now we need a change in midfield then why the hell could Walter not see it. I see it as a year wasted if he is not sacked. Even with the material we now have a manager with a bit of idea about football will get us playing better than Walter has done.

I too am mighty fed up with WS. But as Johnny says were he to go now we may actually be worse off as we'd be in turmoil. The question is: who do we get to step in (a)who would want the job;and (b) who is available? none of the suggestions I've heard fill me with hope. We surely can't poach another Scotland manager, so Burley ,no. Gus Hiddink would be wonderful but he doesn't break contracts. Billy Davies is available but does he have the stature? Gough is really untested. I've heard Mowbray mentioned, but he'll want a stab at the EPL. Unless you're happy with the two Jimmies or Stuart McCall, just accept that it's Walter until he fails to win the league.

As i have been away on holiday for a few days

I thought you were suffering from that new disorder - PKD - (Post-Kaunas Disorder) and like me were too traumatised to tap a keyboard.:D

I was lucky enough not to see or hear the game so i never went through the torture side of things. It would have made no difference anyway as you say,:sigh: i would have had PKD and been offline anyway.

I'm all for a manager playing younger players as long as they are good enough and had good experienced ones in the team as well as if they didn't do well who knows what might happen to them and what the fans will think of them. Rangers fans don't give players much time do they?

I hate it when fans go on about playing youngsters while conveniently forgetting the abuse they gave to the likes of Mo Ross, Alan Hutton, Bob Malcolm, Chris Burke, Stephen Hughes and Charlie Adam as well as many others.

Even Boyd is highly criticised and he's still a relatively young player.#

Lafferty is already off to a bad start too and Webster isn't getting much support.

Broadfoot is only 24 and is currently getting the pelters.

So just how would a bunch of teenagers cope if they are not an instant hit?