Decisions Going Celtics Way

Week 1

FOR'S: Rangers (v Falkirk) 0-1 Celtic (v St Mirren)

AGAINST: Rangers 0-0 Celtic

Week 2

FOR'S: Rangers (v Hearts) 0-2 Celtic (v Dundee Utd)

AGAINSTS: Rangers 0-0 Celtic

Total:

FOR'S: Rangers 0-3 Celtic

Shouldn't that be 4 Fors for Celtic against DU? One manhandling, one horrendous tackle and two hand balls...

We may as well list everything. Perhaps we could grade them on the likelihood of a penalty being given if we had a TV replay ref a la rugby.

IE I would grade the tackle at 100%, the manhandling about 70%, one of the handballs about 60% and the other about 40%.

Shouldn't that be 4 Fors for Celtic against DU? One manhandling, one horrendous tackle and two hand balls...

We may as well list everything. Perhaps we could grade them on the likelihood of a penalty being given if we had a TV replay ref a la rugby.

IE I would grade the tackle at 100%, the manhandling about 70%, one of the handballs about 60% and the other about 40%.

You may have a shout for 4-0 to celtic on the one game, but i think we should concentrate on 100% stonewallers that could change the game. If something is 50% this means it could be 50/50 and may not be fully deserved. A penalty is a penalty whatever.

Depending on what everyone else thinks we can change that game to maybe 3-0.

I see your point but I think recording the 50-50's for and against, perhaps separately would be interesting. They are supposed to even out over a season so we could put that to the test.

It would also be interesting to see it for Rangers as last season we were attacked for some of our dodgier decisions from smaller clubs and Celtic. However, anecdotally I feel that we had more dodgy decisions against than for, while Celtic were the opposite.

It's just a couple of ours for were high profile and you know what the Tims are like about twisting things and the media tend to follow.

Even in the cup final everyone forgets that we had two 100%, undebatable wrong offsides which would have resulted in one on one's with the keeper. They can be as easy to score as a penalty.

Wouldn't it be interesting if Setanta hired say a retired foreign referee to make judgements on all the contentious decisions in the SPL and then have a league table at the end.

It could confirm or dispel whether either or both of the OF get better decisions than the rest and perhaps blow a hole in myth peddled by the Tims about masonic referees.

It could be funny if DU were near the top...

Or instead of Setanta maybe Panorama could do it and actually put out an unbiased piece of reporting for once...

I haven't yet seen the Rangers match - tuned into The Full SPL too late - TWICE last night.

However, the Telegraph say that Hearts thought they had a claim for a penalty but the ref decided it was ball to hand from Brougherra. However, on the other side, Wallace should have been sent off for the tackle on Miller as it prevented a clear goal scoring opportunity.

I watched the game on Saturday and my opinion is :

1. Bougherra - was definitely ball to hand. Hearts player struck it, Bougherra turned away from it and also had hjis arms close to his body. Struck his arm - definitely not a penalty. For our purposes I would put it in the MAYBE column

2. Wallace should definitely have been sent off as it was a clear goal-scoring opportunity. Miller was half way through striking the ball when Wallace tackled him from behind. 100% against us.

Aside from that the game passed off pretty much without incident !

Gribz & Calscot - Re these indecisive ones (ala the handball incidents on Sunday) I would suggest we have 3 items - we have FOR, AGAINST and MAYBE (or something similar). Then we also have the points affected by the decisions (but I think we should EXCLUDE any in the maybe column as by definition they could go either way).

I think that would have us sorted on this.

We should combine your post above Gribz (week 1 for, against, week 2 for against etc etc) with the points affected

Example

Week 1

FOR'S: Rangers (v Falkirk) 0-1 Celtic (v St Mirren) (JVoH penalty - could argue the sending off went for them too as it shouldnt have been a red card)

AGAINST: Rangers 0-0 Celtic

MAYBE FOR: Rangers 0-0 Celtic

MAYBE AGAINST: Rangers 0-1 Celtic (JVoH pulled down by keeper, ball going out of play)

POINTS GAINED : Rangers 0-2 Celtic

Week 2

FOR'S: Rangers (v Hearts) 0-2 Celtic (v Dundee Utd) (non D Utd penalty &manhandling)

MAYBE FOR: Rangers 1-2 Celtic (Bougherra handball, Caldwell handball twice)

MAYBE AGAINST: Rangers 1-0 Celtic (Hearts player should have been sent off for pulling Miller down for penalty)

POINTS GAINED : Rangers 0-1 Celtic

Total:

FOR'S: Rangers 0-3 Celtic

MAYBE FOR : Rangers 1-2 Celtic

MAYBE AGAINST: Rangers 1-1 Celtic

POINTS GAINED : Rangers 0-3 Celtic

This way everything is on one email and we should be good regarding what happened when, will keep memory fresh too.