Cuellar Fee Agreed with Villa - �£8million

None of us wanted him to leave, but he is going to a better league, just a shite team. Disapointed obviosly, gutted in fact but player loyalty seems to be a thing of the past. Money counts and he will be on a shit load more than he is now.

Guest damien
I'll probably get a bollocking for this ( first post or not ) , but if anyone had suggested that Cuellar would be sold for roughly �£7.5 million a year after we signed him they'd have been laughed at initially.

Carlos who...etc.

If anyone said we'd sell Hutton for �£9m you'd have laughed too, but point is, we lost everything last year cause we sold Hutton, now we won't even be in with a chance of anything this year without Cuellar.

Is he that important to the team? Yes he is, he's the only footballer at Ibrox, or was. :(

I really am just wandering what type of atmosphere we will have at ibrox on saturday??? i cant wait to take my seat in the main stand!!! also why cant we just hold on to our top players and build a decent team instead of dismantling it!!!

Cuellar didn't have to say a word, especially not lie through his teeth about it. Yes, the whole thing stinks, but I thought he was better than that. Regardless of what went on behind the scenes, there was no need for him to lie.

We have been lied to by somebody, whether it was Walter saying it came as a surprise to him or Cuellar himself saying he wanted to stay and was happy (on more than one occasion). And what about this release clause - we were led to believe it was �£10 m. This seems like a Hutton scenario again - he wanted to stay but was pushed by Bain or SDM. Any road up, it's time we were treated as grown-ups by the club - how can we believe anything now?

Guest FlashofThunder
If anyone said we'd sell Hutton for �£9m you'd have laughed too, but point is, we lost everything last year cause we sold Hutton, now we won't even be in with a chance of anything this year without Cuellar.

Is he that important to the team? Yes he is, he's the only footballer at Ibrox, or was. :(

I did, and moreover, I was one of the few who actually thought he was a player in the making before and after his injury.

However, with regard to Cuellar, I believe we could cope without him domestically and still win the league, if, and it's a big IF the money from his sale is invested back into the first eleven.

Guest Arnold

Cuellar said just a couple of weeks ago that he loved Glasgow, loved Rangers, loved the support and didn't need more money to be convinced to stay here.

However, with regard to Cuellar, I believe we could cope without him domestically and still win the league, if, and it's a big IF the money from his sale is invested back into the first eleven.

I actually agree with this - Bougherra showed sigs of being an able replacement on Saturday, albeit against Falkirk.

However, the point is that we really should have been looking at building our team around players like Hutton and Cuellar yet we are constantly dismantling the team. We are a selling club now which is a sorry fact to accept.

I HATE comparing us to THEM - but look at them, they seem to get offers from clubs for theit better players yet they are turning them down because they "dont have to sell". They are keeping their better players ad building a team around them whilst we sell our better players - we are playing catch up in every shape and form.

We are a long way behind them off the park !!!