Another excellent piece by Darryl Broadfoot

Ah, the old papering over the cracks pish. That's something that we seem to constantly hear coming from overpaid sports writers with apparently nothing better to say. Did nobody ever explain to some of these morons that you don't knock down a whole house because of a few cracks in the plaster? FFS, even cracks in a wall or two wouldn't warrant cries for a complete demolition.

I'm totally sick of reading such negative BS about our club. It just has to be vibes started by an anti-RFC mentality.

Follow on sheep. Follow follow.

maybe you would like to tell us a few positives then?

One thing i disagree about on the article is the last line - the buck stops with Murray. I think it does to a big extent but it stops with Walter on the park. Murray isnt the one playing Whittaker, McCulloch and Adam in midfield and Dailly at the back plus leaving Hemdani out altogether.- this is one of the reasons for our decline in form which put us out of europe.

If WS got things right in the first leg against Kaunas then all the talk this week could very well have been about a match against Aalborg tonight.

We all know off the park we are a mess and the buck stops with Murray and Bain who run the club but on the park we have been disasterous due to horrendous simple tactics and selections.

Darryl certainly has his finger on the pulse - or maybe he just reads gersnet...

That is exactly what i thought. That is a short summary of of the posts that have been on here. He does obviously read Rangers websites.

What makes you think that will be the case when you look at our financial situation and our midfield? Realism is much more preferable when looking at our club than blind optimism.

It's NOT blind optimism to believe that we still have a good chance of winning the SPL when it's just kicked off. Sorry, but I just don't believe the hype. I believe in our team and despite our pre-season performances being uninspiring, despite our embarrassing defeat at the hands of Kaunas, despite us being without Ferguson for almost half the season and despite us selling Cuellar I still believe we will win the SPL this season.

For one I think our European exit CAN work in our favour. I think the midfield WILL be strengthened before the transfer deadline. I also think that the current SPL holders aren't looking too hot themselves and that the SPL is there for the taking. Time will tell who's right, but I choose to back Rangers.

It's NOT blind optimism to believe that we still have a good chance of winning the SPL when it's just kicked off. Sorry, but I just don't believe the hype. I believe in our team and despite our pre-season performances being uninspiring, despite our embarrassing defeat at the hands of Kaunas, despite us being without Ferguson for almost half the season and despite us selling Cuellar I still believe we will win the SPL this season.

For one I think our European exit CAN work in our favour. I think the midfield WILL be strengthened before the transfer deadline. I also think that the current SPL holders aren't looking too hot themselves and that the SPL is there for the taking. Time will tell who's right, but I choose to back Rangers.

Best of a bad lot who wins the premir league from where i stand. but i want to win it with class and guile, something that has been bereft of mr Smith in his second tenure as Mananger.

At the minute all we can do is HOPE!.

I look forward to the day that i go to ibrox filled with confidence in our team, but i suspect walter smith wont be the manager.

It is a factual and accurate piece..

I am a positive fan, and always have been. Since the late 70's I have tread the Ibrox way to follow a team that had won the treble... although not fully grasping it at the time.

It saddens me to see a Chairman so mirrorderly opposite from the fanbase. It frightens me that no one will be willing to stand forward and save a club that will have fans at the door baying for blood on Saturday - this is there right, and although I do not agree with it I believe that any fan who wants to should do so, it is after all there club too.

M Smith needs to start being open and honest rather than defensive and un-interested in what we have to say.

I am truly worried about the club I love, and it reminds me of when we were on our 9IAR run when the Dhims were arguing amongst there own ranks....

Worrying times and TBH I think it will last longer than any of us wants.

:sigh:

Best of a bad lot who wins the premir league from where i stand. but i want to win it with class and guile, something that has been bereft of mr Smith in his second tenure as Mananger.

At the minute all we can do is HOPE!.

I look forward to the day that i go to ibrox filled with confidence in our team, but i suspect walter smith wont be the manager.

I've just taken up tennis and want to win with craft and guile, however at the moment I'm happy to get the ball over the net and win points. In fact I've been recommended a tennis book called, "Winning Ugly" which I think I'll buy.

Rangers are by no means newbies but we are still at a position where the analogy may be something like trying to get back on our feet after a serious illness.

We need to build the foundations for success before adding the aesthetics. We should have been in a position to play with more flair by now but a combination of less than great chairmanship and management as well as bad luck has delayed our recovery.

We're basically entering our 12th year of rebuilding.

With 4 in row looming, we have to have an element of short-termism this season to ensure we win back the trophy. After that we can build on it and plan for the future more.