by Lindsay Herron

WALTER SMITH has hinted that DaMarcus Beasley could be back into the Rangers line-up for Saturday's first home game of the SPL campaign against Hearts.

Getting Beasley involved could be a big move as Rangers have been looking for more creativity in their play and the American winger can provide it.

He was on the bench at Falkirk last week and should be ready now to come back in after recovering from a hamstring problem.

Smith said: "Coming back from the hamstring injury you are always wary when a player goes out into his first match, but with another week's training under his belt we would hope that DaMarcus would be ready to play on Saturday.

"Considering he missed most of last season, we would hope that he would be injury-free now.

"You could see his worth to the team when he came back in for the Cup Final last season and with our other wider players - Chris Burke and Stevie Naismith - out at the moment he gives us a good option."

The Rangers manager will have further options on Saturday as Davie Weir is free from suspension while Kenny Miller should be fit after a thigh knock.

Kevin Thomson is also expected to recover from a similar injury sustained at Falkirk last Saturday.

Smith added: ""We will have some decisions to make for Saturday. Davie is available again and I believe Kenny and Kevin will both be fine.

"Madjid Boughherra came in last weekend and did very well. Kirk Broadfoot has been playing centre half since pre-season started more or less and he has been doing well too.

"I think it is his best position. He played most of his games at full back last season because of the consistency shown by Carlos Cuellar and Davie.

"He has had the chance to show what he can do this season and he has done well."

Beasley and Lafferty on the wings with Boyd and Velicka up front again would suit me fine. Depends on the Boyd situation I guess.

Miller is also back and most likely to feature to I would imagine :S

I'm still not sure about Beasley but there's no doubt he's exactly the kind of player the team needs at the moment...

I agree Frankie, I still think he may be a little lightweight, BUT he has a lot more to offer than we have had in the wide areas for a long time (Lafferty aside)

If he could take a wee bit of Darchevilles muscle then we could have a very good consistant player. I like Beasley but you know he wont play a long run of games due to getting injured.

Agree with Fraser, id like to see Beasley and Lafferty down the wings with Novo and Velicka upfront. Hemdani and Thomson could sit in the centre and allow those 4 to play.

he is IMO the best corner taker we have.........he can get past the front post!!!

Agreed but it doesnt really say a lot about him. We are shite a corners.

Good to have him back but he should be no more than a squad player. We need someone of real quality on the wings