Murray Interview: 1pm

Bloody firewall won't allow me to access it. :(

Here is a sypnopsis :

'I own 91.8% of the equity, so none of this mess is my fault. Martin agrees with me on this point. Keep giving me, eh sorry, Rangers your dosh'.

Brought to you by Belvision and Tele-Hachet from a vineyard en Provence.

i sympathise with murray to some extent - you've just got loads of people, shouting loudly, often about contradictory things. he's being canny by using that to dismiss everything, as always, but to some extent i sympathise.

think long term! dont waste money on youngsters! play the youngsters! we must, must win the league this season!

but, still, there's nothing that can be done until a new buyer comes in. easy to point out where it's all gone wrong when you dont have any better options.

but, still, there's nothing that can be done until a new buyer comes in. easy to point out where it's all gone wrong when you dont have any better options.

Agreed. The fact that there is nobody who wants to take on the club is the major stumbling block. what Murray wants or what the support wants is irrelevant unless someone emerges that can take the club forward.

Agreed. The fact that there is nobody who wants to take on the club is the major stumbling block. what Murray wants or what the support wants is irrelevant unless someone emerges that can take the club forward.

aye, that's the unfortunate truth. i've said it a few times - murray cant steal from what he owns. well, he can, but you know what i mean. i liked the old rst's approach, but militant isn't going to wash with murray as he currently holds all the cards.

he's impossible to trust because you know he knows how to present things to his own aggrandisement, if that's a proper sentence. but this doesn't make him an evil liar out to rip the heart out of the club.

someone with big pockets needs to dig deep. i'd like them to come in and say: "right, yous, cuntos, keep buying the season tickets. we're starting from the start. the philosophy for our club is X, so we're going to do Y for Z years, and turn us into a team that can produce sides capable of competing in the latter stages of europe. you'll have to endure pain until this point, but unless we start from the start, we'll not get anywhere."

or something.

i think everyone just knows something is fundamentally amiss - we've been the second club for nearly a decade, and despite how irrational (and how arrogantly irrational) some of the criticism is, there's undoubtedly a sickness of sorts.

i would quite like walter to start playing young lads and see if everyone's still shouting for them when their inexperience loses us a few games.

'Murray out!' may well be essentially pointless per se but pressure should still be applied to try and ensure the issues we have with the running of the club are addressed. There was little evidence of this in what was a very bland 6 minute interview.

Obviously there are different methods of protest (direct and indirect) and this is where leadership, organisation and innovation are imperative to firstly address any perceived problems and then facilitate an exit strategy for Murray.

Unfortunately, I see little evidence of this as it stands.

What will be interesting is not the alleged protest 'organised' for 2pm tomorrow but the reaction of the crowd if we're beaten. Reactive and not proactive isn't just restricted to the RFC board... ;)

It does seem to me that with all the malicious rumours flying about that Murray is perceived to have been acting against the interests of the club. He therefore wants to clear that up.

Basically the exit from Europe and the sale of Cuellar is the subject of conspiracy theories which make DM look like he engineered it when both occurrences were completely out of his hands.

It's what I've been trying to point out for a while now. It's no wonder he's speaking up for himself although many will wonder why he doesn't do this when the club or fans are unreasonably verbally attacked.

Many fans do seem to think finding and recruiting players is like going to Argos but at the same time a club like Rangers cannot afford to go completely out of Europe to Lithuanian minnows in August and the manager is highly culpable for letting that happen, as it's unacceptable for a club of our stature.

I think it's obvious that he did not lie about the intention not to sell Cuellar but was made to look foolish and accused of lying soon after, when the player himself engineered a move.

This is his denial to make it clear.

It is plain to see that Mr Murray doesnt see the same problems that the fans do. Can he not see that our team is incapable of putting two passes together, that our manager has a real blind spot for individuals and is tactically inept.

And did he think that the European dibacle would be swept under the carpet and everyone would just forget about it?

and why the hell are we suddenly bringing in players after our exit from the CL qualifiers? We are shutting the stable door now the horse has buggered off.

Its time Walter Smith put his hand up and admitted he has made a catologue of errors that have been detrimental to the clubs success over the last 6 months. He has cost us dear and should be made accountable.

But according to our chairman we are the ones to blame.

and he might have got away with it if it wasnt for those pesky internet kids!

There was a different interview on STV just there and i must say the questions were much tougher that were asked at him, altough he handled it very well

He said the players that we wil bring in will be starters, we don't need fringe players anymore, got plenty

Nothing new of note...

*Disappointed in Cuellar leaving in a football sense but in a financial way it was a good bit of business;

*All the Cuellar money is available for transfers but wont be rushed into signings;

*Conspiracy theorists, media, phone-ins and unofficial websites are causing trouble based on lies;

*He wants out but wont go till the club is in safe hands and challenged any potential buyers/critics to put their money where their mouth is and put an offer on the table

Well there's certainly no chance of posting a complaint on the official website where content tends to be more tightly screened than the worst Maoist propaganda. Murray really doesn't like free expression of opinion (a bit like Jaffa's squalid nonsense on FF). It all came across to me as most satisfactory. I'm going to enjoy the next few weeks.