That is usually a sign that you are getting a good player when the fans dont want to lose one. And especially an EPL player too - fingers crossed.

Definitely...

One concern is his age but sometimes to get quality you need to pay for it and his experience will be helpful alongside Thomson and Aaron.

Definitely...

One concern is his age but sometimes to get quality you need to pay for it and his experience will be helpful alongside Thomson and Aaron.

Id still like to see one more midfielder. Preferrably someone who can play wide along with Mendes and Aaron.

Does this mean the Davis deal is off?

Definitely...

At 29 he still has 4 or 5 years ahead of him. He is on a 3 yr contract when signed I think so chances of selling him on are slim but sometimes that is what you are faced with. Agreed, you need to have experience in the team too, not just youth.

Will be interesting to see how our midfield pans out when BF is back - will we go 4-2-3-1 with Mendes playing behind the main striker and BF and KT playing deeper ?

One thing is for sure..... a midfield 4 of

Novo-------Mendes-----Thomson------Aaron

Excites me a whole lot more than

Novo-------Thomson------Adam------McCulloch

But time will tell if that is the midfield we see. Still need a right sided midfielder unles we can get Beasley over that side to allow Aaron to play LM.

Id still like to see one more midfielder. Preferrably someone who can play wide along with Mendes and Aaron.

Does this mean the Davis deal is off?

With Edu signing, I doubt Davis will be coming...

Bresciano would be the right-sided player.

With Edu signing, I doubt Davis will be coming...

Bresciano would be the right-sided player.

Wouldn't be too unhappy to miss out on Davis especially after what Hodgson said about us not coughing up the 4 mill. Cheeky sod! We don't get the tv money that lets his diddy club buy Johnson for 12 mill. as I'm sure he knows.

Just got a response from a big Pompey fan. Asked him if he was sad to see Mendes leave if we signed him.

Response ?

"Gutted frankly". Sounds good enough to me !!

Full response "Gutted frankly

Quality player and was single handedly responsible for keeping us up in our amazing come-back season – scored a 30 yard wonder goal in the final min against Man City to kick start an amazing run…

Don’t understand at all why we are selling him having just sold Muntari – a bit concerned to be honest

He will do great for you, tireless work horse with an occasional touch of class…."

Not sure we need another tireless workhorse as we have Thomson in there - but I am sure there is more to Mendes than that !

If the reports are to be believed then we have just made an excellent signing. Hopefully so.

He will go straight into the team tomorrow I would think.

Anyone thinking that the player chase has heated up due to the pressure being heaped on SDM this week ?

Why not 3 weeks ago? :(

Fair point mate.... If we had signed this lad and Bougherra last week, we'd be sitting pretty right now IMO.

But, the gloom is lifting just a wee bit nonetheless.