Question on the Cuellar "clause"

Agreed Calscot, a reduction in wages would be a sensible thing.

Im really guessing what the list of players are on so if anyone can correct me please do.

Hemdani - 14k

Cousin - 14k

McCulloch 16k

Gow - 7k

Darcheville -14k

Boyd - 10k

Dailly - 9k

Burke - 12k

Webster - 8k

Adam - 6k

All that would add up to 106k per week which is 424k per month = just over 5 million per year - as Calscot says

I'd fancy Hemdani, Cousin, JCD and McCulloch are all more than that...

We definitely need to move players on and all the players above will be on the list I'd imagine. Won't be until 31st August until they go though now.

The Hutton and Sebo cash was needed to pay for last season's transfers. The JJB cash and season ticket cash is needed to pay for the ongoing running costs of the club, including the players' wages.

I presume that any profit from the UEFA cup run was used buying Lafferty, Miller, Velicka and Bougherra . We then have a �£12m hole by getting knocked out of Europe, which the sale of Cuellar would have partly met, so goodness knows where the cash for Mendes, Edu and Davis has come from.

The Hutton and Sebo cash was needed to pay for last season's transfers.

You know this for a fact or are you making it up mate.

Also was it not the fact that "We don't budget for europe" their is no 12m hole is their.

Q. How much did we earn for our european run in total.

I'd fancy Hemdani, Cousin, JCD and McCulloch are all more than that...

We definitely need to move players on and all the players above will be on the list I'd imagine. Won't be until 31st August until they go though now.

I imagine Dailly will be on a lot more coming from down south too.

I know Gribz is really pushing for Boyd to be moved on but I don't see it and believe it would be sheer folly to do so. The only "better" striker we have is in fact not better because of his shocking attitude.

JMS:

Let's take an empirical estimate at the ongoing finances:

The debt was �£15.9million in last year's accounts (up until June 2007).

Since then the club reported a small profit in February of around �£2.2million (which brought us up to December 2007).

That meant at 1/1/08 we were �£13.9million in debt.

Later last season we did well in the UEFA Cup, made money from ITV coverage and sold Sebo/Alan Hutton for a combined �£10million. Factor in costs for that period (travel, extraordinary UEFA bonuses etc) that could possibly mean we went into this season with a debt of around �£3-5million.

Obviously in the last 2 months we've spent around �£17.5million on new players (including Edu and Davis) while bringing in �£7.8million for Cuellar. That's a net spend of almost �£10million bringing the debt back up to around �£13-15million.

With no CL money and an increased wage bill we're almost certain to move on fringe players before the end of August. Players like Hemdani, Gow, Cousin, JCD and possibly Boyd will be moved on to bring in immediate funds and reduce the wage bill. We may also sign one more player - most likely a centre-half.

All in all, if we can move on these players, our net spend will possibly be around �£5-10million on transfers while our debt will be back at the same sort of level as last summer.

Add in no European football for this season, next summer's financial results won't make good reading - unless we can win the SPL.

I imagine Dailly will be on a lot more coming from down south too.

I know Gribz is really pushing for Boyd to be moved on but I don't see it and believe it would be sheer folly to do so. The only "better" striker we have is in fact not better because of his shocking attitude.

Dailly would have been on reasonable money at West Ham but has since signed for us permanently so I doubt we would have gave him anywhere near the kind of wages he earned down South.

�£9K seems about right. And that's too much... ;)

It doesn't because it doesn't take account of the purchaes at the beginning of the season. Only a small proportion of that would have been through the P&L account, so the chances are that debt was a lot higher.

JMS:

Let's take an empirical estimate at the ongoing finances:

The debt was �£15.9million in last year's accounts (up until June 2007).

Since then the club reported a small profit in February of around �£2.2million (which brought us up to December 2007).

Later last season we did well in the UEFA Cup, made money from ITV coverage and sold Sebo/Alan Hutton for a combined �£10million. Factor in costs for that period (travel, extraordinary UEFA bonuses etc) that could possibly mean we went into this season with a debt of around �£3-5million.

Obviously in the last 2 months we've spent around �£17.5million on new players (including Edu and Davis) while bringing in �£7.8million for Cuellar. That's a net spend of almost �£10million bringing the debt back up to around �£13-15million.

With no CL money and an increased wage bill we're almost certain to move on fringe players before the end of August. Players like Hemdani, Gow, Cousin, JCD and possibly Boyd will be moved on to bring in immediate funds and reduce the wage bill. We may also sign one more player - most likely a centre-half.

All in all, if we can move on these players, our net spend will possibly be around �£5-10million on transfers while our debt will be back at the same sort of level as last summer.

Add in no European football for this season, next summer's financial results won't make good reading - unless we can win the SPL.

Thanks for replying mate as I tend to feel that a lot of people just make figures up at times, so that they can defend sdm.

I can't help looking at your post and thinking that the yoofa cup did not make a penny which would be strange.

It doesn't because it doesn't take account of the purchaes at the beginning of the season. Only a small proportion of that would have been through the P&L account, so the chances are that debt was a lot higher.

Thanks for putting me right. Like I said, it was an empirical look so am happy for people to give a more accurate summation... ;)

Thanks for replying mate as I tend to feel that a lot of people just make figures up at times, so that they can defend sdm.

I can't help looking at your post and thinking that the yoofa cup did not make a penny which would be strange.

I can assure you I'm the last person who'd make up figures to defend our chairman.

In the year Celtic made the UEFA Cup final they made a loss. I doubt we will have given the extra TV money and gate revenue (and a smaller wage bill) but neither will it be a great deal once expenses (including bonuses) are factored in.