Question on the Cuellar "clause"

Various points taken, but for me the question is still unanswered.

"Good bit of business" is an oft used statement these days, personally i am sick of it. (b4 anyones beats me over the head here I know the club is a business)

Hutton was a good if not great bit of "business" however in football terms it was a disaster for the Gers (in my view) .

Here is a classic case of an "enforced clause" all in the name of "a good bit of business" nothing to do with footballing ambition.

But if SDM says it is a good bit of business you can bet that EVERY time he means from a financial sense.

So in a financial sense it WAS a good bit of business and, to be fair, even from a footballing one it could be argued it was a good bit of business - since we sold Cuellar we have just spent all of the funds and look a far better team for it. Would I prefer him here ? Absolutely. Would I sacrifice him if needs be in order to sort out the dire midfield we had ? Absolutely. So in that sense it could also be interpreted as good business.

It would be BETTER business if we had the funds to sign those midfielders AND keep Cuellar - but there ya go.

But if SDM says it is a good bit of business you can bet that EVERY time he means from a financial sense.

So in a financial sense it WAS a good bit of business and, to be fair, even from a footballing one it could be argued it was a good bit of business - since we sold Cuellar we have just spent all of the funds and look a far better team for it. Would I prefer him here ? Absolutely. Would I sacrifice him if needs be in order to sort out the dire midfield we had ? Absolutely. So in that sense it could also be interpreted as good business.

It would be BETTER business if we had the funds to sign those midfielders AND keep Cuellar - but there ya go.

So what happened to the money from last year or did it all just disappear mate.

So what happened to the money from last year or did it all just disappear mate.

Which money ?

I havent seen the financials so I cant say where it went but I would imagine some of the debt was paid off.

Which money ?

I havent seen the financials so I cant say where it went but I would imagine some of the debt was paid off.

It is thought by some that by going to the yoofa cup final that we did make some money added to the fact that Sheeeebo was sold for 1m + Hutton 9m

and then you take into account the ST's, I would think that says which money.

PS we won't count the 3m from JJB just in case it upsets some people.

Agreed Craig,I think we would all have liked Carlos to still be here,but he's not and with him leaving we have strengthened our midfield,and in Madjid we have a decent replacement.

It is thought by some that by going to the yoofa cup final that we did make some money added to the fact that Sheeeebo was sold for 1m + Hutton 9m

and then you take into account the ST's, I would think that says which money.

PS we won't count the 3m from JJB just in case it upsets some people.

The Hutton and Sebo cash was needed to pay for last season's transfers. The JJB cash and season ticket cash is needed to pay for the ongoing running costs of the club, including the players' wages.

I presume that any profit from the UEFA cup run was used buying Lafferty, Miller, Velicka and Bougherra . We then have a �£12m hole by getting knocked out of Europe, which the sale of Cuellar would have partly met, so goodness knows where the cash for Mendes, Edu and Davis has come from.

By the end of this transfer window, we'll have spent close on �£25m on players since Wattie came back. It's like bloody Christmas at the moment, albeit a little late, and some people need to realise that. I suspect we may have increased the debt with this latest splurge however. Surely we MUST get rid of at least 3 from Cousin (crying shame), Hemdani, Gow, McCulloch(we can but dream), Darcheville, Dailly, Burke and even Boyd.

By the end of this transfer window, we'll have spent close on �£25m on players since Wattie came back. It's like bloody Christmas at the moment, albeit a little late, and some people need to realise that. I suspect we may have increased the debt with this latest splurge however. Surely we MUST get rid of at least 3 from Cousin (crying shame), Hemdani, Gow, McCulloch(we can but dream), Darcheville, Dailly, Burke and even Boyd.

Thats actually a fair amount of money spent, but at the same time its probably not far off (give or take) income???

As for the list of players you have mentioned I wouldnt actually care if ALL of them were sold off over the next 9 months and you could include Webster and Adam in there also. It will free up wages for better players to come in during january and next summer as a total re-build. None of the players in your list seem to be capable of making a difference to the team at the moment.

Cousin - Has lots of quality but everyone knows about the personality

Hemdani - Has quality but Walter has never liked him.

Gow - Still baffled as to why he is still with us

McCulloch - Either he gets the form we first saw of him back or he can go on his bike. Im all for 2nd chances but he seems to have had his. But still seems to be one of WS's favourites.

Darcheville - Id keep as a impact sub player but he isnt capable of 90 mins and if he starts he dies away after half hour.

Dailly - Id keep him for this season as back up centre half.

Burke - Should have been sold a while ago.

Boyd - Gets goals in certain games but is still a weak link in the team

Webster - Life wouldnt be normal with another bizarre signing. Either he gets fit and plays well or his ticket to Bristol is 1 way

Adam - Id rather we played 10 men and chimp in the team than him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see our debt increase. Our spending has become extra-ordinary and it's difficult to see the UEFA run and Cuellar money paying for it all.

However, the way things go our debt could stay the same this year and increase next year when the CL hole in the budget takes effect. The recent spending should be counted in the new financial year in any case as it is of no benefit to last year's trading.

How much it increases could also depend on who we get rid of. Keeping four or five players could mean about �£4M extra in wages. As a last resort we will need to get a few off on loan, just for their wages to be paid. Cousin could be a good candidate for this if he keeps his motivation for the loan team. Hemdani is another.