Walters Problem

I honestly still dont think WS has an idea of what his best XI or formation is yet. All this should be worked out at Murray Park. Other managers have it in their heads what they want, Walters just seems to buy a big squad and hope for everything to click.

I wouldnt care so much if we dropped points but gave everything and had our players in their best positions - but its baffling when players out out of position. Miller Left wing, McCulloch centre mid, Adam in the team, Whittaker midfield - these things keep happening.

Having new players isnt an excuse because he was the same last season.

Sorry but the more i see our set-up the more i think Walter Smith is living in cloud cuckoo land. We have spent 17 million, i believe, and have mostly players playing out of position. Yes we needed a central midfielder but did we need 3 to play one out of position on the right. He has now bought 3 strikers we probably didn't need in the first place, so we have to play a striker as a winger. Why the hell did we not buy one striker and a left and right winger. We now have a team of centre-half's covering the back 4. A team of central midfield players and a striker covering the midfield and god knows how many strikers fighting for two positions on the park or a place on the bench. This is totally crazy and a total waste of much needed money. Walter Smith has cost us 10mill in euro revenue. Wasted a reasonable part of the 17 million having players we don't really need, and lost our best player from last season to sponsor his stupidity

This season 17 mill and last season 12 mill, that is 29 million for a patch-work quilt at a time we are struggling to make ends meet. Total insanity.

Walter please find the door and shut it behind you.

My heart sank when I saw yesterday's team. The good news - McCulloch and Adam out; the bad news Miller in - on the left wing! To be fair he did his share of chasing back, but when we have so many left-footers - Aaron, Beasley,Fleck,even Adam, then this just smacks of perverseness. "Don't worry, son, I'll get you in the team somehow." In England yesterday, Everton played 2 17-year olds, young Ramsey has seen the first team at Arsenal, and there are other examples, but WS seems over-protective of our precocious talents. Fleck and Aaron on the bench when they could both have given us genuine attacking width that migh just have sealed the points, that appalling decision notwithstanding.

I agree here surely a manager must play the players in their correct positions? Strikers on the wings doesn't work all the time same as strikers in midfield etc. It might cost him and us again if he doesn't stop it.

I agree here surely a manager must play the players in their correct positions? Strikers on the wings doesn't work all the time same as strikers in midfield etc. It might cost him and us again if he doesn't stop it.

especially when theres a winger on the bench. walter got it very very wrong in the second half. really bad decision making.

I honestly still dont think WS has an idea of what his best XI or formation is yet. All this should be worked out at Murray Park. Other managers have it in their heads what they want, Walters just seems to buy a big squad and hope for everything to click.

You might even be entitled to think Walter Smith would have some idea what his best team was going to be BEFORE he signed new players. Otherwise, on what basis is he signing them? Only Walter would be allowed to get away with this.

My heart sank when I saw yesterday's team. The good news - McCulloch and Adam out; the bad news Miller in - on the left wing! To be fair he did his share of chasing back, but when we have so many left-footers - Aaron, Beasley,Fleck,even Adam, then this just smacks of perverseness. "Don't worry, son, I'll get you in the team somehow." In England yesterday, Everton played 2 17-year olds, young Ramsey has seen the first team at Arsenal, and there are other examples, but WS seems over-protective of our precocious talents. Fleck and Aaron on the bench when they could both have given us genuine attacking width that migh just have sealed the points, that appalling decision notwithstanding.

Sounds to me like you're completely clueless about Everton's current situation.

Aaron - trained with the squad for a week, not up to fitness.

Beasley - off the back of a very long journey from international duty - only arrived Friday, unlikely to start and that happens with many teams.

Adam - tbh I would rather have Kenny Miller LM than him.

McCulloch - been playing awful and we have been shouting for him to be dropped for ages - he gets dropped and then we want him in the team just because it is his natural position ?

Fleck - IMO he is the only one that would have been in with a shout of starting - but we know WS won't start a youngster and especially not somewhere as volatile as Pittodrie.

Sorry but the options we had weren't played for a number of valid reasons (with perhaps the exception of Fleck and Adam) IMO.

Id have rather we had Beasley on from the start and maybe gave us an hour or even just 45 mins

That's waaaaayyyy too obvious Gribz. You also could've put your life savings on Davis being stuck out on the right hand side.

More unbelievable decisions from Watty. :brick: