Daniel Cousin

I don't think anyone's ever doubted Cousin's abilty or talent. Its various facets of his attitude that's been the problem.

I think he just wants to play every week and that's the root of any 'want-away' issues. He said after the Fulham deal fell through that he wanted to stay at Rangers then reports and 'quotes' throughout the summer have suggested otherwise. However, at the age he's at, you can't blame him for wanting to have a crack at the Prem. As for the other stuff - Yes, he's gone AWOL in a few games, but that happens with most players. Then there's the head-butts. He only got sent off for one of them and to do the same thing in his next game was sheer stupidity, but it does make me wonder how we can hold this against him so much. Afterall, it's happened to the best of them (ZZ anyone??) and at the end of the day, us weegies invented the manoeuvre :D.

After our layout for a "new" midfield, and our lack of Euro money, I think we could do with the fee. We also need to reduce the wage bill as our squad is a bit bloated for our means.

I think there is a very good chance he will go.

While I can't see any buyers or takers for JCD or Hemdani.

I can't see any buyers or takers for JCD or Hemdani.

'Reportedly' AEK Athens offered �£400,000 for Darcheville last week and Hemdani turned down a move to Turkey.

Personally, I'd like to see us hold on to JCD (especially if Cousin goes) and as much as I like Hemdani, I don't see him getting a game this season, so it would probably be in his best interest to move.

Hemdani, I don't see him getting a game this season, so it would probably be in his best interest to move.

When your manager no longer rates you, you're hardly getting a game, the club have signed other players for your position, the fans have cooled on you, and you've told everyone you want to move, what is the point in staying?

When your manager no longer rates you, you're hardly getting a game, the club have signed other players for your position, the fans have cooled on you, and you've told everyone you want to move, what is the point in staying?

Is it too obvious to say money? These guys will be on good contracts and I doubt they will get the same money elsewhere

Well, it's apparently forgiveable for Gow :rolleyes:

IIRC Hemdani only has a year left on his contract. Obviously he'd prefer to be playing, but he seems to like his life in Scotland and at Rangers. Otherwise, Bougherra wouldn't have been saying how he sold him on a move to us.

the difference with gow and cousin is cousin has said he wants to leave i don't think gow has ever said that. i don't like anyone staying taking money for doing nothing but i can see why they do it. :rolleyes:

IIRC Hemdani only has a year left on his contract. Obviously he'd prefer to be playing, but he seems to like his life in Scotland and at Rangers. Otherwise, Bougherra wouldn't have been saying how he sold him on a move to us.

I don't forgive Gow in the slightest and personally see him as a money grabber with no footballing ambition.

You would think an older guy with only a year left on his contract and no chance of renewal would be desperate to get at least a 3 year deal somewhere else. He may be a Bosman next year but he'll be an older one who hasn't played much.

He may like life in Scotland but he's obviously itching to be somewhere that he suspects is better which means he'll never really enjoy being at Rangers.

However, like many before him, I think he'll find that after Rangers, the only way is down.

Guest jshields

I agree that Cousin is our best striker.

However his lack of interest and consistency in the team is a major drawback fro him self and the club.

I think his lack of interest is what walter needs to focus on the most. I don't think daniel realises what a great career he can have at this club and what amazing things he can go on to do if he shows a passion for the team and starts at least looking like he wants to impress every match. I feel that yesterdays performance was based on

A: The transfer Window is not closed yet

And

B: The hype of OF games raise every players passion and game.

To be honest i dont get to see many rangers games at the moment due to other commitments but the last notable performance i remember from cousin was in the eufa cup againt werder bremen which i believe was after a shocking performance against Panathinaikos after his transfer to fulham fell through in january?

So was yesterdays performance a preview of what we are going to get out of daniel for the remainder of the season? Or was this just another audition for the clubs out there that are interested in getting his signature? Personaly i think this was him trying to secure a move out of ibrox today and if the deals fall through, im afraid hes going to die off again and crawl back into the dugout.