Gow Rejects Move

Guest lazyscot

I think that's the nail on head - we don't know the half of it, and likely never will.

Objectively to me, Gow staying seems like a lose lose situation. Gow moving for 250k on the same wage to a team he's likely to get a regular game for, seems like win, win to me.

When someone chooses lose, lose, you have to wonder at their motives unless there are exceptional circumstances.

It's been said that he was offered the same money elsehwhere; however, I know people personally that have taken massive pay cuts to change the direction of their careers - and I don't mean a pay cut down to a measly 200K a year, I'm talking from 50K to 17K.

The strange thing is that he does not seem to be doing himself any good, including financially in the long term which is not understandable at all.

Is it not better for your career and future finances to play first team football for Bradford for the same money and either make a name for yourself there or play for a bigger move? If he is as good as he thinks, then surely the minimum he can expect is to play for a good few years on that money.

However, by playing for Rangers reserves for two years would probably leave him on a Bosman but only attractive to the likes of a lower SPL team on about 2-3 grand a week - and maybe less due to not being seen on a pitch for years. Not only that, he'll be perceived as having an attitude problem and difficult to deal with.

He will probably end up with LESS money in the long term and LESS of a career, with LESS respect and adulation.

So the more I think about it, the more I CAN'T see where he's coming from.

First of all he was not offered the same money from burnley, he is entitled to a portion of the money from the contract that both he and Rangers signed.

He was told by the tangoman he was getting fvkk all.

Wattie speaks to him with forked tongue.

He does not drink nor smoke, eats right and trains well and that was one of the reasons why wattie signed him.

His previous managers would all take him back in a minute.

He has only asked that he gets a chance, but does now realise that is not going to happen.

He will not be shunted off to some club that wattie or tangoman decide he should go to.

He is a home bird, and he is entitled to his opinion and rights the same as the rest of us.

First of all he was not offered the same money from burnley, he is entitled to a portion of the money from the contract that both he and Rangers signed.

He was told by the tangoman he was getting fvkk all.

Wattie speaks to him with forked tongue.

He does not drink nor smoke, eats right and trains well and that was one of the reasons why wattie signed him.

His previous managers would all take him back in a minute.

He has only asked that he gets a chance, but does now realise that is not going to happen.

He will not be shunted off to some club that wattie or tangoman decide he should go to.

He is a home bird, and he is entitled to his opinion and rights the same as the rest of us.

I'm not saying none of what you have said it not true, but what are you basing this on to be facts.... ( I would have liked to see him given a chance btw)

I'm not saying none of what you have said it not true, but what are you basing this on to be facts.... ( I would have liked to see him given a chance btw)

These are factual accounts of what has happened to the guy.

From where? Thats all Im asking. I haven't read the first 4 points but have the rest, and have said so.

From somewhere near to the player.

I will not be saying on a public forum if you don't mind mate.

Thats no problem, but you can understand us asking the question.

As I said, after last pre-season I'd have liked to see him given a chance.

And so would he.

He was told that he was always in his [wattie] plans and would you believe coisty had a dig at him as well, seems as though you're not entitled to be your own man, and I remember a striker who wouldn't take the hint when supermo was first choice.

I've been told he was offered exactly the same money as he was on with Rangers.

Why should be be entitled to money that he hasn't earned yet? if he wants to stay fine, if he wants to leave fine, but he isn't entitled to a pay-off.