Gow Rejects Move

Guest lazyscot

Guest lazyscot

"Smith revealed Rangers had agreed a �£250,000 deal for Ibrox outcast Alan Gow to move to Blackpool but the player knocked back the move as he would prefer to stay in Scotland."

I know this is spiteful but, rejecting 3 moves in 3 months?

Let him rot in the reserves, the teams in Scotland aren't willing to pay what he wants and he isn't good enough to play for the teams who can.

You aren't getting these years back, Mr Gow.

We signed him and agreed his wages so unless we pay him off surely he can do what he feels is best for him?

Him being a Gers fan I doubt he isn't giving his all to break in to the first team and if he is not then he should be ashamed but he shouldn't be persecuted for rejecting 3 clubs he doesn't feel right about should he?

Guest lazyscot
We signed him and agreed his wages so unless we pay him off surely he can do what he feels is best for him?

Him being a Gers fan I doubt he isn't giving his all to break in to the first team and if he is not then he should be ashamed but he shouldn't be persecuted for rejecting 3 clubs he doesn't feel right about should he?

Two things - (1) There are persistent rumours (not playing for reserves, friction with coaches) he isn't giving it his all. (2) At 25-26 wasting his prime years not playing to grind out a golden handshake from his club probably wouldn't be considered to be in his best interest.

Strange one. But maybe he prefers playing for Gers reserves and training at murray Pk everyday, picking up 7.5k(?) a week rather than playing for a St Mirren or Motherwell for 3k.

Aberdeen wanted him but wouldnt offer more than 3k a week. I can see Gow's point, but id love to know what is going on here behind the scenes.

Two things - (1) There are persistent rumours (not playing for reserves, friction with coaches) he isn't giving it his all. (2) At 25-26 wasting his prime years not playing to grind out a golden handshake from his club probably wouldn't be considered to be in his best interest.

do you believe every rumour you here persistent or not m8? Maybe they are true but they also may not be true!

if you were in his position i'm sure you think differently and look after yourself and family first and foremost if not then you're a better man than me. Would you take a massive wage cut and lose out in thousands just to play first team football and be at a team he may not want to be at? I know he will still get more than most fans would ever get wherever he went but I can see his point of view as well for staying. We gave him the contract and if we want to get rid of him we need to pay him off, it's not all his fault IMO.

Guest lazyscot
do you believe every rumour you here persistent or not m8? Maybe they are true but they also may not be true!

if you were in his position i'm sure you think differently and look after yourself and family first and foremost if not then you're a better man than me. Would you take a massive wage cut and lose out in thousands just to play first team football and be at a team he may not want to be at? I know he will still get more than most fans would ever get wherever he went but I can see his point of view as well for staying. We gave him the contract and if we want to get rid of him we need to pay him off, it's not all his fault IMO.

Haha, no I tend to be fairly skeptical about rumours. Funny thing is though, if a fireman gets a call to a house, he usually starts looking at the place all the smoke comes from.

These (admitted) rumours again are persistent (troubling sign) and come from a wide variety of sources (theres those troubling signs again), that and his current circumstances, like it or not lend credence to their veracity.

Throw some fuzzy logic into the mix (will accept transfer to Scottish club, only one can match his cheque) and I will start to draw some conclusions.

About the wage cuts - Norwich and Burnley offered to match his wages, Burnley even offered him a bonus. So, he isn't taking food out of his kids mouth here.

Right or wrong (I admit I could be), I see it like this - he knows he has no future with Rangers and the payout his agent asked for (2 full years wages) isn't coming. The best decision he can make (imo) is to take the lesser of two evils - the transfer to England. He gets to play and earn his desired pay scale.

I'm not asking a foolish kid to play for nothing, but I would tell him the two things he wants from Rangers ain't coming - big payout and playing time. He needs to resurrect his career and he has burned his bridges at Ibrox.

About the other thing - my career has a 40 year earning period, his is in the 5-10 range. Applying the same reasoning to both would make little sense. I agree he is due a payout, the amount of which should be a fraction of what he is asking.

About the wage cuts - Norwich and Burnley offered to match his wages, Burnley even offered him a bonus. So, he isn't taking food out of his kids mouth here.

Exactly. He was going to go to Burnley and then got greedy when he thought he could make some easy money from Rangers.

Put him on gardening leave and let him stay at home if he won't move. See what sort of money he'll earn at the end of his contract then.

Maybe as someone said he is happy to be playing reserve football or doing nothing for the next few years and get paid for doing so, if he is happy then it's up to him. You mentioned other clubs matching his wages but he said he wanted to stay in Scotland and again as you said no one else can match his wages up here so it's a catch 22 situation then. I'm sure he will get a move sometime even if he doesn’t play for the next 2 years he will also have earned quite a bit to live comfortably as well.

It may sound like I am defending Gow to the hilt but I'm not but I can also see where he is coming from.