Should be a big crowd. I don't really care about the CIS cup or treble this year - I just want the championship. However the CIS cup should be easy to fit in without CL football and the players should not be overly tired.

It's also a golden opportunity -and with NO excuse - to play the likes of Fleck,Aaron etc. consistently to 'bed them in' to the first team. No point in risking injury to valuable regulars after the injury list we suffered last season.

Less gate money too in a lean season... We need all the cup home games we can get...

I agree with playing Fleck, Aaron etc but maybe not all at once.

I would say we could rest Mendes but he seems to be the one big change in the team.

When you think about it the team is similar to last year except Mendes has replaced Ferguson. Brougherra is good but no better than Cuellar and Miller is similar to and no better than Novo. Other than that, the team against Celtic was pretty much the same as last season.

Mendes is definitely the catalyst for our improved form and aesthetics. Just shows you one midfield flair player is all we needed - and what many were crying out for all last season.

Life with a more creative player in the middle than Bazza is sweet indeed.

It's also a golden opportunity -and with NO excuse - to play the likes of Fleck,Aaron etc. consistently to 'bed them in' to the first team. No point in risking injury to valuable regulars after the injury list we suffered last season.

couldnt agree more, in fact i was going to post this my self. The likes of fleck an co wont get any better sitting on the bench and its the ideal oppertunity to blood them in.

cant see walter taking the chance though.

Absolutely. The league has to be number one priority this year, no European runs to distract us and if the likes of Mendes, Bougherra or McGregor were to get injured against Thistle it would be a nightmare. No point in taking the risk.