Novo under guard...

If this is the way things are going to fan out in football then just let's shut up shop. Although a huge part of our lives, it still is a game ffs. Without opposition you cannot play football. If it came off a Celtic board then nothing will be done, we have seen that all in the past.

Oh I know, there is bugger all chance, but I'm an eternal optimist when it comes to faith in people doing the right thing.

Let me just say i never realised, until now, that Neil Lennon was attacked on Monday morning. Although that is no excuse to attack other innocent players or human beings i can understand a certain amount of anger. I think we would have been on the boil here as well although i don't think we would be calling for terrorist attacks. It also shows that a certain faction of our support is, alas, as much scum as the scum at Parkhead.

Pete, I'm in no way defending or condoning what happened to Lennon, but in my mind there is a world of difference in a couple of guys being pissed and seeing Lennon and taking a pop at him to posting Novos address and inciting violence against him. That smacks of pre-meditation whereas the Lennon assault was opportunism. Also, and I don't know what family wee Nacho has, but it didn't involve Lennons family.

Let me just say i never realised, until now, that Neil Lennon was attacked on Monday morning. Although that is no excuse to attack other innocent players or human beings i can understand a certain amount of anger. I think we would have been on the boil here as well although i don't think we would be calling for terrorist attacks. It also shows that a certain faction of our support is, alas, as much scum as the scum at Parkhead.

That's also assuming that it was unprovoked. There have been claims that Lennon started it, which was the reason he initally didn't want to raise a complaint.

I haven't a clue what the real situation is but that scenario is as likely as the unprovoked attack, although it's obviously no defence against the battering that he apparently took.