Novo under guard...

Agreed, mate. It would be nice to think that it would be done.

Thinking of it this way, if I were to post Lennon or McGeady's address on here, suggesting that folk go round and do whatever, I would hope the likes of Frankie would feel a moral obligation to co-operate with the authorities.

Aiden McGeady,

cardboard box,

under Central Station bridge!

That's also assuming that it was unprovoked. There have been claims that Lennon started it, which was the reason he initally didn't want to raise a complaint.

I haven't a clue what the real situation is but that scenario is as likely as the unprovoked attack, although it's obviously no defence against the battering that he apparently took.

Apparently the CCTV shows Lennon walking away and the 2 blokes coming at him from behind (insert pun here). It does seem strange, especially in light of the Twats Against Bigotry etc etc that Lennon isn't wanting any sort of investigation and also Lennon walking away from trouble - he's always been a confrontational character, remember the incident on Great Western Road with the 2 students. But you're right, no excuse for him getting a kicking.

There are rumour and counter-rumour about the Lennon incident but suffice to say any sort of violence should never be condoned about a game of football.

More so when Nacho Novo has done nothing to warrant any sort of physical attack - the song about him dying in his sleep being sung by Celtic fans is bad enough.

Regardless of the Lennon incident, tit for tat is no defence. It is quite appalling. Why Novo ? Because he is so hated by them ? Shocking behaviour.

No doubt it will be swept under the carpet whilst we were harangued for someone posting what was undoubtedly a JOKE picture of Neil Lennon hanging from a noose. I am not condoning that but which do you think is the more serious ? A caricature type picture or the posting of a rivals home address ?

It isnt like they have done this before - and you can bet that the mhedia will soon have forgotten it all again !

i saw a picture of all the sectarian type abuse written outside lennon's house in one of the papers today. he must live very near me as it's right outside mine - thankfully it was a while ago so can't be said to be me. dont like the thought of lennon living near me though; can't be good for the house prices. :D

This is absolutely shocking. I have my doubts about the Lennon story - mainly because we'd just won the OF game and you'd think we'd be celebrating rather than venting our anger. It does seem more likely that Lennon was the instigator. That said, there's no excuse for that kind of behaviour and I hope his attackers are brought to justice.

As for Nacho, you couldn't meet a nicer guy. To think that he and his family are in danger because of the reckless and hateful actions of militant supporters is disgraceful. These people should be named and shamed, preferably alongside THEIR home address. Give them a taste of their own medicine. Scum.

I don't agree with the "taste of their own medicine" stuff. Tit for tat just perpetuates the problem.

I too have reservations about Lennon being the victim. As you say, we should have been in high spirits and, even if drunk, most Gers fans would have been, you would expect, ripping the piss out of Lennon, not trying to wage a war. We had just won FFS. It is just as likely that this is exactly what was happening and Lennon took exception, raised to the bait and said or did something that wasn't liked. Ohhhhh, wait.... that would never happen because Neil Lennon is very passive right ? Come on, Lennon is as hot-headed, temperamental as it could possibly get.

Obviously I am surmising but there is every chance that Lennon was as much the instigator as the victim.

Celtic fans have previous in this respect.

Remember the attacks on the houses of Dallas and McCurry?

The address and phone numbers of Andy Davis were also revealed on a Celtic fans' website, together with details of the school that his kids went to.

I don't agree with the "taste of their own medicine" stuff. Tit for tat just perpetuates the problem.

I know what you're saying Craig and to some extent I agree with you. Let's just hope the authorities take appropriate measures and make an example of them because this disgusting kind of behaviour can't be allowed to continue. How would you like it to be in Nacho's situation right now? Having to move house in fear for the safety of yourself and family all over a f**king game. It's ridiculous.

It doesn't matter whether it's a Rangers player, a Celtic player or any player. They might get paid well, but it's not supposed to be danger money :ffs: