I prefer a minutes silence but i think it is all about what the family want and not what i want. To be honest BD i think it is disrespectful and a bit selfish of you to put your non-acceptance of a new trend in showing respect before the wishes of the family. It is not about Bluedell it is about the family McColl. Sorry.

I totally see where you're coming from. I'm in a catch 22. I'm being disrespectful if I do it and disrespectful if I don't. I have to go with what I believe is correct though.

Also just because something is a new trend doesn't mean it's correct. It seems that a few football administrators have decided this for the rest of us.

A side issue is whether it is the request of the family as the club have lied about that before, but that's a different subject.

I totally see where you're coming from. I'm in a catch 22. I'm being disrespectful if I do it and disrespectful if I don't. I have to go with what I believe is correct though.

I dont think your being disrespectful. As i said in my first post in the thread its all about HOW you show your respect whether it be silence or applause. Im sure the family wouldnt hold this against anyone.

Do you think the club might've put some pressure on the family or at very least ââ?¬Ë?recommendedââ?¬â?¢ they have a minute's applause rather than the family coming out with this on their own?

OK it's a new trend as Pete mentioned but as BD said you don't have to follow it. I�d say the majority of Rangers support would prefer a minute�s silence as a mark of respect for a true Rangers legend then a loud roar and applause.

To me I think it depends on the bereavement. A man who has retired from football a long time ago and lived a reasonably long life should not be mourned in silence as if it's a tragedy. An applause seems more appropriate here to celebrate his life and the pleasure he brought as a footballer.

Someone who dies tragically or young, is more befitting of a silence, as it's a sad time, and one to mourn and reflect on how people can be taken away from us prematurely.

However, we know with football why the applause caught on to take over from the silence and if we wanted to be self righteous, we should maybe take pride in the fact that we can respect a minutes silence but will clap because there are others in other stadiums, who clearly can't.

I don't see a minute's silence as mourning someone but showing respect.

I would think his family would have their own celebration for the life they shared with him privately?

As this is at Ibrox and mainly for the Rangers supporters to pay respect, celebrate etc don't you think they should have a say in how they do this?

I would have thought after the late Bobby Shearer's minute applause the club might just might take the thousands of Rangers supporters opinions they received on board but obviously not.

I would have thought after the late Bobby Shearer's minute applause the club might just might take the thousands of Rangers supporters opinions they received on board but obviously not.

You don't think Rangers FC would listen to a bunch of racist, bigoted sectarian fans do you ? :o

ill respect the families wishes.

I won't be there but i believe that is the way to go. What a slap in the face it would be for the family if they had chosen for applause and no one clapped.

In modern life we have to be flexible and accept new idea's. Technology is setting new boundaries everyday, if you set your feet fast you will live in the past and the world will pass you by. Just wonder if BD still uses the ancient accountancy tools instead of modern computers and calculators.;)

I won't be there but i believe that is the way to go. What a slap in the face it would be for the family if they had chosen for applause and no one clapped.

In modern life we have to be flexible and accept new idea's. Technology is setting new boundaries everyday, if you set your feet fast you will live in the past and the world will pass you by. Just wonder if BD still uses the ancient accountancy tools instead of modern computers and calculators.;)

I always stand up for the national anthem, I hold a door open for a woman, I shut my eyes when I pray in Church, I remain silent when showing respect, including at the forthcoming Remembrance Sunday.

Somethings never change, and technology has nothing to do with it.