Stevie Smith can leave Rangers

I think a loan to start with would be a good move as we could see if he fully recovers and still have the option to bring him back. If he looks like a shadow of himself after 6 months playing first team football for another team, then it may be time to punt him.

Rangers have a history of supporting badly injured players, and I wouldn't want that to change.

I am not sure even a loan move is a good idea. He is the ONLY natural left back at the club with 1st team experience.

If we loan him out and Sasa gets injured then we have to revert to playing Whittaker or Broadfoot over there.

Makes little sense to me unless the loan allows us to recall him at anytime.

Thank foof for that. Loan sounds a good idea with the option of being able to bring him back, but letting him go makes no sense at all.

Agreed it would have to be a deal where he could be brought back.

However if Papac got injured i wouldnt have a problem with Whittaker going to LB, he seemed to play ok there.

This rumour was first posted on FF by someone who said it came "straight from the horse's mouth". Amazing to then see it in the Sun and on the radio the day after. Things must be bad for the lad if we're prepared to let him go after all the time and money we've invested in his recovery. There have been a lot of rumours his career was effectively over, so maybe there's some truth in those after all? Why else would we be letting such a young, promising talent leave?