Thought I would burst with pride.....

......... when I saw photographs of the troops out on the Ibrox turf today. It looked like everything I associate with Rangers of old. The faces of those soldiers said it all and to see them wearing Rangers scarves and waving a Union flag hinted at the unity and pride in our country that we used to stand for, before people started telling us that we were the problem and before some of us started believing it. Man, I wish I could have been there today to take part in that wonderful event.

If we can get it so right, why the hell do we keep on getting it wrong so often and so easily.

If anyone's wants a swatch at the photo's, they're over on the Vanguardbears site.

What a let down.

The crowd were up for giving them a great reception. The soldier were obviously buzzing so what do the club do? Put on some awful tune that was anything but stirring, and turn up the volume to drown out the crowd, all but killing the atmosphere. :mad:

A great moment spoiled by incompetence (or fear) at the club. Dickheads.

What a let down.

The crowd were up for giving them a great reception. The soldier were obviously buzzing so what do the club do? Put on some awful tune that was anything but stirring, and turn up the volume to drown out the crowd, all but killing the atmosphere. :mad:

A great moment spoiled by incompetence (or fear) at the club. Dickheads.

Aw no. I've just posted the opposite after seeing photo's of the troops. I wasn't there and I guess I should have known Rangers would fukk it up. That'll teach me for lapsing into optimism.:brick:

Disagree BD...

Obviously playing the X-Factor tune was a bit crass but generally I think the club deserve a bit of credit for inviting the troops and I enjoyed the event.

The lads were sitting just in front of us in BF and they had a great time. Just as emotional before the game was when they were applauded and cheered into the WRC for a few drinks.

The club should gain from a bit of positive PR from this. It will be interesting to see how the media spin it.

Being an Ex serviceman myself,also my father and grandfather[WW1], I am always proud of the guys who put themselves forward in defence of our country.

My family will in 7yrs time celebrate 100yrs of Service Life.

And when The Rangers show how it's done, it does not get any better, believe me.

Still want murry TGTF though.

I agree with Frankie they got a great reception everywhere they went before and during the game which was fantastic to see. Also at half time I heard the crowd no trouble even through that song (which will be number one today and has made a lot of money for them). Great day all round and makes you very proud and also good PR for Rangers for a change......

It was so informal. They should've walked onto the pitch from the tunnel, not the gap between the Broomie and the Main Stand. There was no co-ordination about it but that said they got what they deserved, a fantastic reception from both sets of fans.

They were sitting in front of me in the Broomie Front and they all looked about 16 years old apart from a couple of older guys.

Disagree BD...

Obviously playing the X-Factor tune was a bit crass but generally I think the club deserve a bit of credit for inviting the troops and I enjoyed the event.

The lads were sitting just in front of us in BF and they had a great time. Just as emotional before the game was when they were applauded and cheered into the WRC for a few drinks.

The club should gain from a bit of positive PR from this. It will be interesting to see how the media spin it.

true frankie...... unlike rangers to score some good pr...