Arsenal's new stadium

Anyway I'd much rather prefer supporting a team who doens't need to buy the best players in the world to win things.

Yeah, like we all complained in thge 90's when thats exactly what we did. Maybe not the best in the world but the best in the SPL by far.

Arsenal in Wenger have one thing Fergie an Jose dont IMO, he buys cheap and makes the players into world class. But they do spend all the same.

In the last 4 years he's won a CL, a Uefa Cup, and got to the quarters (Beaten by Arsenal) then the last 16 (Beaten by Barca) of the CL.

Just going by memory. I might be wrong there.

You are wrong! :flipa:

He won the UEFA Cup, CL, beaten by Liverpool in the semis and beaten by Barca in the last 16.

He did exceptionally well with Porto but in Europe with Chelsea he's done no better than average.

Arsenal in Wenger have one thing Fergie an Jose dont IMO, he buys cheap and makes the players into world class. But they do spend all the same.

So, you're telling me Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Ure spend the same? :confused:

He won the UEFA Cup, CL, beaten by Liverpool in the semis and beaten by Barca in the last 16.

He did exceptionally well with Porto but in Europe with Chelsea he's done no better than average.

Care to post Wengers record Gav?

I swear Chelsea played Arsenal as well in the last 2 years in the CL. Am I wrong on that too?

EDIT: AHHHHHHH, it was under Ranieri and they won! I was close. Kinda :D

I swear Chelsea played Arsenal as well in the last 2 years in the CL. Am I wrong on that too?

Chelsea played and beat Arsenal in the CL quarters 3 seasons back when Ranieri was manager.

Man, I hate being a fountain of knowledge!

Nop, Im saying that Arsenal have spent too. You put everything down to Chelseas spending power and are too blinkered to aknowledge that the manager has a part to play.

Of course Chelsea have spent more. I wonder how that fathoms out over the last 15 years in the EPL though?

Chelsea played and beat Arsenal in the CL quarters 3 seasons back when Ranieri was manager.

Man, I hate being a fountain of knowledge!

Yup, I just googled it and found myself enlightened.

No shit Sherlock! Getting to the final is a pretty decent achievement though especially when it was with a team full of young players (Eboue, Toure, Senderos, Reyes, RvP, Flamini, Fabregas)

Did all these players come free?

Jose is a superb manager with no money but not so good with abramovich,s bilions