Could Ally McCoist ALREADY be the manager?

I won't settle for second best or defend it, but I won't solely blame Walter & Ally if we fail to win back the SPL title this year because there's a lot more factors at play in the equation than either of them & SDM. People calling for their heads to be served up on a plate or for them to be sacked is not mere criticism.

Which "a lot more factors" are those then? I would have thought that with authority came responsibility - or is that also different at today's Ibrox. Perhaps it's all the fans' fault?

Which "a lot more factors" are those then? I would have thought that with authority came responsibility - or is that also different at today's Ibrox. Perhaps it's all the fans' fault?

Bias in the governing body, in the officiating & in the press come to mind. What makes it the fan's fault to a minor extent is when they buy into the bias efforts of those 3 & are shoehorned into believing it to the extent that they sound like either Spiers or a dhim.

Bias in the governing body, in the officiating & in the press come to mind. What makes it the fan's fault to a minor extent is when they buy into the bias efforts of those 3 & are shoehorned into believing it to the extent that they sound like either Spiers or a dhim.

Sorry but I think even you will find it difficult to persuade anyone that the SFA/SPL or even Graeme Spiers are responsible for deciding which players Rangers sign or what team the manager picks. Biased though they may be, not one referee I can think of has insisted we play a minimum of four players out of position or refuse us the right to use three substitutes. Perhaps you believe it was us shoehorned pessimists who are responsible for the lunacy of turning Lee McCulloch from a useless midlfielder into a useless defender?

Sorry but I think even you will find it difficult to persuade anyone that the SFA/SPL or even Graeme Spiers are responsible for deciding which players Rangers sign or what team the manager picks. Biased though they may be, not one referee I can think of has insisted we play a minimum of four players out of position or refuse us the right to use three substitutes. Perhaps you believe it was us shoehorned pessimists who are responsible for the lunacy of turning Lee McCulloch from a useless midlfielder into a useless defender?

My only real disappointment in the signings has been Lee McCulloch (which I've mentioned many times here now). I think we've made A LOT MORE good signings than bad. As for the team the manager picks, I don't always agree with it, but we're still in the running for the SPL title, so despite how it looks, it's obviously not as bad as some people are making out. Your comment regarding referees is completely nonsensical & I presume that was as it was meant.

WS and AM should overall be judged at the end of this season. Tactics, signings and selections aside, they can be discussed and judged throughout..

But when they came back in Jan 07 it was a 3 stage process.

Stage 1 - Steady the ship! Job done and in 06/07 we finished the season strong.

Stage 2 - Challenge for trophies again. Id say job done as in 07/08 we were close to the quadriple and picked up 2 cups.

Stage 3 - Win trophies or more importantly the league - 08/09, we are in contention, lets see what happens.

Edited by Gribz

I don't think that WS and AM are beyond criticism but I think a lot of it is well out of order.

How last season can be seen as a failure is completely beyond me. So we fell at the last hurdle on two of our goals but the manner of failure was so narrow it's churlish to berate them for. The fact is you can't win them all and the main goal is to be in contention.

Taking a one off season, it easy to see that event and luck can contrive against you and it's obvious that last season the fixture pile up was a huge mitigating factor.

When someone challenges closely you have to take take their results over a few seasons before labeling them a failure. If they fail in the league by 10 points or more and don't pick up any cups then THAT is unacceptable.

We've failed completely in Europe this year but again there are mitigating circumstances where our first games back after a horrendously busy end of a season, were against a team in the middle of their season, and we also hadn't had time to finalise all our signings.

This is obvious stuff to any Rangers fan that shouldn't need repeating, except maybe to the Tims who obviously prefer to ignore stuff like that and gloat.

Even this season, it's been obvious to most that with proper officiating we'd easily be top of the league.

I think some of us see Rangers as a family and while we are objective enough to see all the faults, of course we're going to defend family against completely unfounded, unfair and over the top criticism.

If Walter had lost the league last season by over 10 points, been out of Europe by Christmas and not won a single trophy, then I would be as loud as anyone about getting rid. But that's just not the case.

If he loses the league by a big margin this year, then yes, he deserves to go. But give him a chance to live or die by the sword.