Could Ally McCoist ALREADY be the manager?

I don't think what Shroomz has posted is all that unreasonable...

However, a cursory look at the bench during games (home games especially)( shows McCoist constantly looking up at the Director's Box for guidance/opinion.

Of course, maybe he's not looking at Smith for it... ;)

I have no doubt that the buck stops with Smith - after all, the sword of Damocles is hanging above HIS head.

I even remember Ally in an interview saying that while the three coaches have equal input in discussions, Walter is the top dog and always has the last word, and has been known to say, "no" to some of Coisty's team selection suggestions.

Actually been meaning to tell you this for a while, but Im the manager of Rangers. WS and AM are my puppets and its me that Coisty is looking to in the stand everyweek.

Id doubt very much that Coisty is already manager. Id say he probably gets more responsibility than most assistant as he is being groomed to be our next gaffer whereas normally assistants will always be assistants.

I reckon he's get to take the cup games again this season but he is still a long way off being a manager in his own right just now. he needs either managerial experience at another club or at least 3/4 years as an assistant, and a successful assistant at that.

Interseting theory though mate

I have no doubt that the buck stops with Smith - after all, the sword of Damocles is hanging above HIS head.

I even remember Ally in an interview saying that while the three coaches have equal input in discussions, Walter is the top dog and always has the last word, and has been known to say, "no" to some of Coisty's team selection suggestions.

Was coming in to post the same thing. all 3 have input but Smith has the final say, cup games aside.

TBH: SO it's you we blame when it all goes tits up then :devil:

However, a cursory look at the bench during games (home games especially)( shows McCoist constantly looking up at the Director's Box for guidance/opinion.

So what you're saying is that Ian Durrant is actually manager and McCoist is his assistant?:devil:

Well, despite who's head is ultimately on the gallows, WS does have a good view of the entire field of play from above up there, which could be deemed as a little advantage worth using... Maybe when Ally looks up there he's actually looking for intel on what's going on... 'Are they attacking us' or 'Are we attacking them'... :D:D

Exactly. It's clear that McCoist has no authority to make any decisions. If you watch them both, it's can tell it's definitely Walter who makes the calls.

Exactly. It's clear that McCoist has no authority to make any decisions. If you watch them both, it's can tell it's definitely Walter who makes the calls.

WS is taking MUCH more of a back seat than most managers...