Could Ally McCoist ALREADY be the manager?

As we all know, Walter Smith revealed at the end of last season that Ally McCoist had actually been managing the team during the Scottish & CIS cup runs. This may have come as a slight shock to some Gers fans, but to anyone watching the extent of Coisty's dugout & touchline presence it might not have been too much of a surprise.

Now what if Ally McCoist has played a bigger role than we've been led to believe in the management of the team in the league action as well? Judging by his dugout & touchline presence coupled with the amount of time Walter Smith has spent in the director's box, is it possible that Coisty might actually have been more than Walter's assistant all along? It doesn't seem unreasonable to take this into consideration given that nobody mentioned that Ally had been managing for the Cup runs until the end of last season.

Almost everyone believes that if McCoist is to take over from Walter Smith, he should first take a managerial position at another club to gain more experience, but WHAT IF - Ally McCoist is already the manager of Rangers Football Club.

Think about it... :devil:

i'll have some of what your on m8 :D

Not on anything guv.. :D

I should really have said that I'm not saying WS isn't manager. What I'm suggesting is that maybe Coisty is more like a co-manager than an assistant & might actually be being given more of the control & decision making regarding the team than meets the eye. Thrown in at the deep end you could say & of course always under the watchful eye & advise of the experienced WS.

Maybe I'm just mad as a fish though... :D

Not on anything guv.. :D

I should really have said that I'm not saying WS isn't manager. What I'm suggesting is that maybe Coisty is more like a co-manager than an assistant & might actually be being given more of the control & decision making regarding the team than meets the eye. Thrown in at the deep end you could say & of course always under the watchful eye & advise of the experienced WS.

Maybe I'm just mad as a fish though... :D

What have fish done to deserve that comparison then?

I know what your getting at m8.

We all know he is there being groomed as the next manager but if WS and AM don't do well now or in the near future what is the point in giving him a chance as number 1? He might have other ideas but the way we are playing either they are the same mad ones as WS or WS is certainly not listening to super Ally......

AM was the manager during the SC and LC runs? Maybe that's why we struggled to beat Dun Utd and QOTS in the finals.

I wouldn't mind seeing the back of AM. Better off he goes, gains some experience as manager then, if successful, coming back to manage us one day. We can't take the risk on him so early in his managerial career.

I know what your getting at m8.

We all know he is there being groomed as the next manager but if WS and AM don't do well now or in the near future what is the point in giving him a chance as number 1? He might have other ideas but the way we are playing either they are the same mad ones as WS or WS is certainly not listening to super Ally......

They've done quite well so far... 2 cup trophies & getting to the UEFA Cup final isn't really to be sniffed at. I'm not always 100% happy with the team selection & none of us are ever happy with bad results. There's maybe been a couple of iffy signings (like LM for example), but all in all I've got to say that I'm quite happy with what they've done since taking over. Could have been a bit better, but it could have been a whole lot worse.

What have fish done to deserve that comparison then?

Why not come out with something sensible instead of sarcasm or was that your attempt at humour?

The boy has an opinion so let him make it!

Right or wrong, it is something that could be discussed.

I think Coisty is having his opinion heard on most things but the buck stops with WS and he is showing/telling/guiding him in the things he doesnt do right.

I dont think SDM, WS or Coisty would allow a distraction of Ally being groomed to halt back our title bids. They will work on it as much as possible but the team winning surely has to come first.

As we all know, Walter Smith revealed at the end of last season that Ally McCoist had actually been managing the team during the Scottish & CIS cup runs. This may have come as a slight shock to some Gers fans, but to anyone watching the extent of Coisty's dugout & touchline presence it might not have been too much of a surprise.

Now what if Ally McCoist has played a bigger role than we've been led to believe in the management of the team in the league action as well? Judging by his dugout & touchline presence coupled with the amount of time Walter Smith has spent in the director's box, is it possible that Coisty might actually have been more than Walter's assistant all along? It doesn't seem unreasonable to take this into consideration given that nobody mentioned that Ally had been managing for the Cup runs until the end of last season.

Almost everyone believes that if McCoist is to take over from Walter Smith, he should first take a managerial position at another club to gain more experience, but WHAT IF - Ally McCoist is already the manager of Rangers Football Club.

Think about it... :devil:

Heard an interview he gave before the game last Saturday. Where it is usually 'we thought this or we thought that', it was 'I', throughout. Could have been nothing, but my first thought was, you sound as if you have picked the team today.

Spooky mate!!