Could Ally McCoist ALREADY be the manager?

Guest TheWorthyEd

I'd be Ertha Kitting myself right now if I thought the original post was accurate.

In my humble, McCoist should be handed the same envelope Smith should have already got - as far back as the Kaunas game.

Namely, the one containing their P45's.

:mad:

In my humble, McCoist should be handed the same envelope Smith should have already got - as far back as the Kaunas game.

Namely, the one containing their P45's.

Smith & McCoist can do no good in some fan's eyes. I'm sure that spirit helps the whole club. :mad:

Smith & McCoist can do no good in some fan's eyes. I'm sure that spirit helps the whole club. :mad:

It's not in the fan's eyes though - it's on the park and in the trophy room. Like everyone else at Rangers, they're not here as ornaments to appease some fans, they're here to get results. No results, no trophies, no job. Only way to look at it.

But by the same token it could be said that in some fans eyes they can do no wrong !

The team is challenging better than pre-WS but it has to be remembered that the playing staff was an utter joke when he came back.

What makes it worse for me is that the Celtic team that we are going up against isn't that strong a team yet we find ourselves lagging behind them.

I was disappointed with the WS signings pre-season most of all (Mendes aside) - he seemed to prioritise all the wrong areas and, with Lafferty and Edu, he played Russian Roulette.

But by the same token it could be said that in some fans eyes they can do no wrong !

That might well be the case, but not with everyone who defends them amidst a barrage or onslaught of abuse. I'm sure there's plenty people willing to stick up for Ally & Walter that don't agree with every single decision they make. I know that I'm not happy with ALL of their decisions, but I still think they've done well since taking over & that they will do well for us in the future if they're not hounded out the door by disgruntled fans & a hunting press as seems to be the norm at so many clubs these days.

That might well be the case, but not with everyone who defends them amidst a barrage or onslaught of abuse. I'm sure there's plenty people willing to stick up for Ally & Walter that don't agree with every single decision they make. I know that I'm not happy with ALL of their decisions, but I still think they've done well since taking over & that they will do well for us in the future if they're not hounded out the door by disgruntled fans & a hunting press as seems to be the norm at so many clubs these days.

You're in danger of commiting the cardinal sin of not only settling for second best but actually defending it. You're also confusing abuse with criticism.

You're in danger of commiting the cardinal sin of not only settling for second best but actually defending it. You're also confusing abuse with criticism.

I won't settle for second best or defend it, but I won't solely blame Walter & Ally if we fail to win back the SPL title this year because there's a lot more factors at play in the equation than either of them & SDM. People calling for their heads to be served up on a plate or for them to be sacked is not mere criticism.