Darcheville nearing Gers exit

Rangers striker Jean-Claude Darcheville has opened talks regarding a January move to French side Valenciennes and has even visited their facilities.

VA chairman Francis Decourriere is optimistic regarding the possible signing of Darcheville after discussing a transfer with the 33-year-old.

The striker moved to the SPL giants in summer 2007, and a number of injuries prevented him from playing week in, week out for Walter Smith�s team.

Ligue 1 strugglers Valenciennes are looking to strengthen their attack to avoid the drop, and the experienced striker could be a massive boost according to Decourriere.

The chairman told local newspaper La Voix du Nord: ââ?¬Å?Itââ?¬â?¢s more than an option and we had excellent discussions.

ââ?¬Å?Of course he would be the ideal signing for us.ââ?¬Â

http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2008/12/17/SPL-DarchevilleValenciennes-link/gnid-31920/

Imagine a strikeforce of JCD and Sebo jesus christ :devil:

I think Darcheville is a very good player but is too inconsistent and injury prone in this part of his career to be of much benefit to us. It's an area where we have plenty of cover and we'd be better off giving pitch time to develop our �£3.5M and �£2M youngsters, than a 33 year old freebie on his way out.

Fantastic news. If we'd signed the guy when Big Eck wanted him, we could have had a player on our hands. Unfortunately it hasn't really worked out for him and this season in particular he has looked well and truly past it.

Aye Johnny Sebo And Darche. Fearsome!!!:notworthy:

Sebo and Darche up front in the same team! I must get to the bookies and put a bet on Valenciennes to get relegated!:devil: I think we'll be doing well if we can get someone to take Darch off our hands. Fully fit - he would have been a great signing, but we have only seen a fully fit Darche a couple of times during his Rangers career!

As much as I like the guy and we all know he loves the club and the country but I feel he's happy to just sit on his contract and maybe not give 100% any more. It's like he knows he's nearing that age and has already reached semi-retirement. All the best Darche, I like you but time to move on mate.