Novo �£2m Target For Hull

Nacho Novo has emerged as a �£2 million transfer target for Hull City, the surprise package in the Barclays Premier League this season. The Rangers forward is on Phil Brownâ��s wish-list when the scramble for signings starts again in six daysâ�� time.

Brown splashed out �£3 million on Daniel Cousin in August â�� only 48 hours after the bustling front man had scored in Rangersâ�� 4-2 triumph away to Celtic.

Hull have been alerted to the fact Novo has failed to find a permanent place in Walter Smith�s starting line-up and Brown is lining up a second swoop on Ibrox.

Novo, the Spaniard signed from Dundee in July 2004 after refusing a move to Celtic, still has 18 months of his contract to run and is in no rush to leave. However, Brown could offer him a better chance of regular football and the thought of teaming up again with Cousin could persuade Novo to make the move.

Smith has been told that he will have to sell next month to generate cash to bring in new players and Jean-Claude Darcheville is already on his way back to France with Valenciennes.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/scotland/article5397900.ece

Why we didnt let McCulloch go for 2 million is beyond me. Personally I want Novo to stay and he would play almost every game for me. He is our best impact player and should be starting more games.

He's better coming off the bench though as never really makes that much of an impact when he starts IMO certainly not a starter for me although he seems to love the club and tries his heart out.

He's better coming off the bench though as never really makes that much of an impact when he starts IMO certainly not a starter for me although he seems to love the club and tries his heart out.

But you can say the same about Boyd who makes no impact until he scores which can be like last week - 61st minute!! Who is to say Novo wouldnt do the same if he started and we persivered (sp)! He was superb in the season he played with Prso through the middle scoring 25 goals.

EDIT: novo is a big game player and scores in OF games plus Europe away matches - thats an asset IMO and worth keeping!!

But you can say the same about Boyd who makes no impact until he scores which can be like last week - 61st minute!! Who is to say Novo wouldnt do the same if he started and we persivered (sp)! He was superb in the season he played with Prso through the middle scoring 25 goals.

EDIT: novo is a big game player and scores in OF games plus Europe away matches - thats an asset IMO and worth keeping!!

totally agree mate. Like boyd, smith tries every other option other than novo which has been a real blunder by our manager in my eyes. I for one will be sad to see him go if he leaves

Like gisa and Gribz think I would be disappointed to see the wee man go.

Should make a list of the big goals he's scored. There's loads. OF goals. Goals that have put us into the CL proper. That Fiorentina penalty.

Like gisa and Gribz think I would be disappointed to see the wee man go.

Should make a list of the big goals he's scored. There's loads. OF goals. Goals that have put us into the CL proper. That Fiorentina penalty.

I will also be sorry to see him go but for 2mill you can find a few jewels on the continent.