From Awesome to Terrible

1 OF game - we go to Parkhead and line up superbly and destroy them on ther on patch.

Mendes ticks and controls EVERYTHING while THOMSON tidies up everything at the back! Davis almost convinces he should play RM all the time!

The back 4 were awesome - led by Bougherra and his pace means Weir can stroll the game.

upfront, Cousin shows how to play upfront! And miller chips in with good game and 2 goals.

Home game:

Ferguson returns and cant achieve anything.

Whittaker returns and seems to play his own game.

Broadfoot cant play centre half

Davis - had a chance in first 5 mins, apart from that is poor

Weir - needs Bougherra

Mendes - class act, must be thinking WTF is going on!

Adam - outclassed by Robson who I (yes me) played off the park 12 years ago!!

upfront - Boyd was terrible, miller was ok first half but shite 2nd

Why the change in teams!!! We were on course for brilliance!

Some of what you said is valid..but some is a wee bit of the mark IMO.

Thomson injured means the team had to change as well as Cousin being sold.Davis was one of the better performers for me as wll.

I think the main point being Celtic were more than happy to contain today and suck up the pressure while in the first game they were more open which allowed Mendes to dictate the play.

At the end of the day we were at Home and Smith should have had the courage to play an attacking option at left wing to really go for it,he never as he is a coward who lacks what we need to win the title back,his time is up!!

Thought Boyd did as much as he could and never had a decision go in his favour once throughout the game.

1st half we should have been 1 or 2 up, 2nd half we deserved nothing.

Poor performers:- Whittaker was shocking, Miller, Fergie, Mendes, Adam, Broadfoot

Only slight pass marks for me were : Papac, Boyd and Davis

Thought Boyd did as much as he could and never had a decision go in his favour once throughout the game.

1st half we should have been 1 or 2 up, 2nd half we deserved nothing.

Poor performers:- Whittaker was shocking, Miller, Fergie, Mendes, Adam, Broadfoot

Only slight pass marks for me were : Papac, Boyd and Davis

What game were you watchin???

Once again cant see wrong in Boydy boys eyes!! Jon, he was fuckin PISH!!!! How can you say he did as much as he could, if thats all he can do then i NEVER want to see HIM or a striker at that LEVEL again for Rangers or we will lose to celtic all the time!!!!!

From your pass mark players then i dont agree with any!

From you poor performers then i disagree with Mendes - he had plenty great touches, passes and would flourish in a quality team!

Some of what you said is valid..but some is a wee bit of the mark IMO.

Thomson injured means the team had to change as well as Cousin being sold.Davis was one of the better performers for me as wll.

I think the main point being Celtic were more than happy to contain today and suck up the pressure while in the first game they were more open which allowed Mendes to dictate the play.

At the end of the day we were at Home and Smith should have had the courage to play an attacking option at left wing to really go for it,he never as he is a coward who lacks what we need to win the title back,his time is up!!

It's difficult in the aftermath of such a setback to be objective, but I did say before the game that the selection of Adam worried me and sure enough, he ran about, charged into people and gave the ball away - typical Adam. Lafferty and Novo when they came on brought the ball on to their right foot and hit diagonal balls which were gobbled up by McAnus and Caldwell; not once did we get behind them and swing in dangerous crosses from the bye-line. Sadly we don't have genuine wide options unlike THEM and that is our Achilles heel.

Rarely have I been so gutted after an OF game - the league IS lost today.:mad:

What game were you watchin???

Once again cant see wrong in Boydy boys eyes!! Jon, he was fuckin PISH!!!! How can you say he did as much as he could, if thats all he can do then i NEVER want to see HIM or a striker at that LEVEL again for Rangers or we will lose to celtic all the time!!!!!

From your pass mark players then i dont agree with any!

From you poor performers then i disagree with Mendes - he had plenty great touches, passes and would flourish in a quality team!

Steady on with Boyd mate - ALL of us would have picked him before today. Do his quality goals count for nothing this season?

Meant to say in my other post that Fergie - apart from the pass for Boyd's miss - was awful today and I can now say that I have NEVER seen him have a good OF game. Once Thomson is fit he and Mendes should be our first choice partnership and Fergie is no longer an automatic choice.

I just think its the same pattern as last season where we're riding our luck in many games and the results (when we win) are often hiding just how poor we are. Thomson's injury hasn't helped, but some of Smith's tactics and team selections remain as baffling as they ever were.

Boyd did have a poor game today Gribz, but also had abysmal service.

Boyd did have a poor game today Gribz, but also had abysmal service.

Ok il reply to this first!!

Regardless of service whenever he got the ball he totally duffed it!!! - thats not the blame of the service. I can recall 3 times in the game where he duffed it and thats after 7 beers!!!

Ive got the full 90 mins on again in a few hours and il watch again to see his performance!!

But he was rank pish IMO. He got 1 ball played to him in the 1st half inside the box and he couldnt even get his feet right - plum

Ok il reply to this first!!

Regardless of service whenever he got the ball he totally duffed it!!! - thats not the blame of the service. I can recall 3 times in the game where he duffed it and thats after 7 beers!!!

Ive got the full 90 mins on again in a few hours and il watch again to see his performance!!

But he was rank pish IMO. He got 1 ball played to him in the 1st half inside the box and he couldnt even get his feet right - plum

I think he had one clear-cut chance where he hit it straight at Boruc. He's not the best striker, but he will score goals if you create chances for him. He's improved a lot this season and one bad game shouldn't take away from that improvement imo.

I've been one of those who've been saying for a while now that we have much bigger problems than him in our squad and I still think that's the case.